About Barrick & Hemlo
Barrick is the gold industry leader with a vision of wealth generation through responsible mining; wealth for our owners, our people, and the countries and communities with which we partner. Our objective is to maintain and grow industry-leading margins, driven by innovation and our digital transformation; managing our portfolio and allocating capital with discipline and rigor; and leveraging our distinctive partnership culture as a competitive advantage. We aim to cultivate a high-performance culture defined by the following principles: a deep commitment to partnership, consistent execution, operational excellence, disciplined capital allocation, and continual self-improvement. We are obsessed with talent, and seek out fresh perspectives and challenging ourselves to think differently as we transform Barrick into a leading 21st century company.
Situated near the beautiful shores of Lake Superior in north western Ontario, 350 km east of Thunder Bay, we have an underground/open pit; residential mine site.
This rugged and beautiful area is an outdoor paradise - home to dozens of species of birds and animals as well as moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including enjoying lake country/cottages, camping, boating, beaches, golf, downhill skiing, hiking, hunting and fishing, as well as sledding, snowshoeing, x-country skiing in the winter; you'll want to explore opportunities at Barrick-Hemlo.
With two communities in close proximity, both Marathon and Manitouwadge have all the amenities you'll require and is regarded as a wonderful place to raise a family, with affordable costs of living and a terrific quality of life. Position Description:
The incumbent must be able to complete their duties in a professional manner, maintain good working relationships with co-workers, engineering personnel, mine supervision and underground workers. They must be able to organize the work required to cover their respective mine area. They must be available to do call out work when required for diamond drill supervision and underground grade control. Responsibilities:
Key accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Sample and Lab QAQC. Carry out and produce reports on Assay QAQC
- Regular Reporting. Assist with Daily-Weekly-Monthly report preparation as required.
- Database Organization. Assist in organizing the database. Produce monthly Acquire export for leapfrog including DDH and channel samples.
- Creating updated leapfrog projects for each 'area' of the mine that include all data (level plans, chips, ddh, lines etc, geology domains, interpolants)
- Data organization. Making sure that data is organized and available. Incl: level plans, chip/channel sample data, SG data, RFID tracking data, etc
- Organize claims and land tenure information.
- Drill core logging and other duties in the core shack, as required.
What we can Offer You
- 5 years or more of underground mining experience
- Sound understanding of Ontario mining regulation and statutory responsibilities
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses benefits, and stock purchase plans where applicable
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- An Opportunity to transform Traditional Mining into the future of Digital Mining
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across Barrick locations
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.