Highways Engineer – Kent
A Multi-disciplinary design consultancy who are at the forefront of sustainable designs and measures and innovative thinking are looking to add a Highways Engineer to join the engineering team in their new Kent office. They are a forward-thinking practice who operate in a range of sectors working with both private sector clients and local authorities.
As a highways Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on major prestigious projects within Kent and across the Southeast, enabling you to advance your career, whilst giving you the freedom to achieve personal growth and development.
We will provide you with opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your potential.
Requirements of the role
- To assist in the design and delivery of a range of highways engineering related projects on behalf of both public and private sector clients
- Assist junior staff to ensure that their project work is technically correct
- Assist Project Managers to ensure that deadlines are met and within budget
- Respond to client and customer enquiries and ensuring that their needs are met
- Managing projects in accordance with Client requirements to exceed their expectations
- Ensure all project files are up to date and comply with the QMS system
- Work closely with team members and other Project Centre Staff
- To assist the Senior and Principal Engineers with report writing and preparation
- Development of conceptual design and producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Visits to site as required
- Always use best practice
- Professional qualification or equivalent
- Working towards professional Chartership.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Possess strong analytical ability and a solid understanding of engineering fundamentals and current design standards
- Able to communicate / liaise effectively and professionally with the design team, clients, and contractors
The position comes with
- Private health cover
- 25 days holiday per year + Bank Holidays
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- A variety of training programmes supported by PCL
- Professional development and opportunities to progress
To apply or for more information please send your CV to or call 07887573802.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91051751