Responsible To: Deputy Manager
As senior care assistant the role is to:
· To supervise and participate in the delivery of care to the residents.
· To lead on the responsibility of residents individual care documentation ensuring a person centred approach
· To help train junior members of staff in all aspects of their work in the home
· To follow company policy and procedures
· To provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
· To be responsible for the administration of medication
· Work effectively with others within the home to ensure that resident’s needs are met in a timely, appropriate and person centred manner.
· To support senior members of staff in all aspects of the homes management.
Main Responsibilities/ requirements:
a. To work at all times, within the guidelines of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Employee Handbook and
Company Policy and Procedure
b. To attend and contribute to staff meetings when required.
c. To maintain confidentiality on all aspects of care and your work within the home, including when you are using
Social networking systems
d. To have a working knowledge of the homes policies and procedures in respect to your job.
e. To be approachable and supportive to staff and managers.
f. To attend appropriate training and development sessions as agreed with the Manager.
g. To carry out any reasonable duties as requested by the Manager.
h. To uphold and promote equal opportunities in employment practice and service delivery.
Resident care and support
i. To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the residents to ensure that their physical, social,
intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity, choice, independence and respect
j. To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all residents care plans in line with their personal wishes and preferences involving resident, representatives, key workers and management as appropriate in line with company policies.
k. To be responsible with the team for continual monitoring of each residents health needs by ensuring access to NHS healthcare services and monitoring of health related care documentation assessments. To include appropriate liaison with residents, relatives, deputy/manager and relevant staff.
l. To ensure residents choice and independence is respected through appropriate risk management involving all parties and ensuring accurate up to date record keeping.
m. Encourage residents to be involved in the Home. Welcome and encourage their participation in activities so that they can participate and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated and to use all interactions with residents as an opportunity for stimulation/ occupation.
n. Assist as required with social functions that take place at the Home.
o. Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
p. To administer prescribed medication to residents and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.
q. To effectively lead, motivate and support care staff via:
· Induction and support of new care staff
· Provide effective supervision and identify training and additional support needs
· Assist staff to complete all documentation as directed
· Monitor staff performance and report any issues to the deputy manager
r. To help to ensure that all junior and domestic staff contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient
running of the home and the creation of a positive atmosphere
s. Understand and observe all relevant regulations and company policies and procedures.
t. Be familiar with the administrative records of the Home and ensure that all records are kept up to date
u. To follow appropriate procedures in the event of accidents/ emergencies e.g. fire, missing residents etc.
v. To ensure the home is secure at all times
w. To report and advise the relevant person with respect to repairs and maintenance in the home
Note: In addition to the responsibilities listed above it may be necessary to perform other duties not listed. Consideration will be given to your skills and status when requesting you perform these duties.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£9.20 - £10.00 per hour
Welwyn Garden City
more details »