The Desktop Engineering team design and engineer Windows
desktop build for all physical and virtual platforms. This function defines
global hardware standards for desktop devices and also has application
ownership of key non-business aligned applications.
The engineering lab is a fundamental gateway for changes
going from engineering to UAT, especially as these changes are generally global
in nature and often directly linked to endpoint security and therefore risk
exposure to the bank.
Role Description / Responsibilities and job tasks
(typical day) for the Desktop Engineer Lab Tester role in London:
* Perform lab QA tests of every related release.
* Update ALM test cases. Produce test reports.
* Document and report on status.
* Resource acts as an interface between the DB engineering
team and Production Testing.
* Assist the DB Engineering team with diagnoses and
debugging, but not to perform any code modifications
- Position held within a relevant Engineering team for a
highly regulated, global enterprise
- Ability to work within a technical team
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritize tasks, projects
and follow accepted process and procedure
Essential skills/experience: (cannot do the job without
these, includes specific technology or software skills required e.g. Visio,
DevOps, Agile, Cloud, Citrix Cloud, Azure Desktop, Azure AD, etc.)
* Good all-round troubleshooting skills
* Use of formal testing software e.g. HP ALM
Other skills: (operational, deployment experience, project
* ITIL Foundation V2 / V3 qualification
* Experience of working in a VDI environment
Most important skill:
Cannot be someone who is only able to follow a
Level 3 resource with Microsoft MCSE certification with
experience on designing and architecting Azure, AD, Hyper-V, VMware etc.
Essential Skills (behavioral/technical/ language skills)
Behavioral – Outstanding Client Service Skills
Technical – level 3
resource with Microsoft MCSE certification with experience on designing and
architecting Azure, AD, Hyper-V, VMware etc.
LANGUAGE – LOCAL + English