|Salary:||£25,000 - 28,000 per year|
Who are Kïdo?
Kïdo are growing and opening a brand new setting in Greenwich. Kïdo are a network of innovative international nurseries with 24 settings across India, Hong Kong, Dubai, USA and the UK. We fuse the best practises from the Montessori, Reggio Emilia and Waldorf Steiner approaches and marry this with beautiful learning environments. We use technology and a strong focus on customized learning to help children develop cognitive, social, emotional, physical, creative and reasoning skills. We are looking for a passionate Deputy Manager to join our amazing team in our brand new Greenwich nursery.
Our Greenwich nursery is a beautiful spacious setting which holds just over 100 children. The nursery has a lovely view overlooking the river and opposite a playground. We have a large play area, expansive learning spaces and lots of natural light. There's a riverside walk all the way down to Greenwich park and Cutty shark. Our Greenwich nursery is less than a 10 minute walk from Maze Hill station and a 15 minute walk from Greenwich DLR station.
The Deputy Nursery Manager will inspire and excel by bringing professional leadership and management to the nursery. You will drive and exceed at delivering the service we provide, and you'll meet the highest standards of care and education, supporting us to achieve our vision.
You will be responsible for collaboratively managing the nursery team, you will pride yourself on the relationships that you build with families and you’ll work continuously to make sure that you and your team recognise and deliver the needs for every student. You’ll oversee the operational management of the nursery under the EYFS Statutory Framework and Ofsted requirements.
To help Kïdo to always be the best that they can be you’ll work closely with ‘The Hub’ (our Senior Management Team) to give recommendations about how we can improve our offerings and to always push the boundaries of excellence.
Working at Kïdo means joining a people centric, ambitious company with extremely high standards, who are committed to making a difference to our families every day.
As a Deputy Nursery Manager you’ll be an ambassador for our values and a gate keeper for our great culture. You will take overall ownership for your school and have accountability for the following:
• Assist in leading and implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and any other legal/statutory frameworks.
• Ensure all company policies and procedures are correctly followed in the nursery and adhered to at all times.
• To assist in improving and maintaining the high standards in the nursery by leading from the front at all times.
• To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is paramount, and that any child protection concerns are always appropriately acted upon immediately.
• To assist with the planning and organisation of staffing schedules and holiday rotas to ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in accordance with Ofsted and nursery procedures.
• To lead with the implementation of administrative procedures involved with: - registration, place allocation, and other related matters.
• To be responsible for implementing and monitoring systems of observation to enable children’s progress and achievements are regularly and effectively assessed and recorded.
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures, and medical histories.
• A relevant childcare qualification for the role, level 3 minimum
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience of working within and implementing the EYFS statutory framework
• Experience of OFSTED inspections or other inspections/legal bodies and their requirements within day care on non-domestic premises
• Salary £25,000 - £28,000 experience dependant.
• You will receive 20 days of annual holiday plus bank holidays
• You get your birthday off if it falls on a working day
• Free childcare if your child attends one of our nurseries
• Annual performance related pay reviews
• Company awards and celebrations twice a year
• Access to a health care cash plan
• £150 refer a friend bonus for recommending Kïdo to friends.
Kido is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children. Kido will ensure that our recruitment procedures meet the standards set out in our safer recruitment policy (available upon request) and our selection criteria prevents unsuitable people from gaining access to children. As part of our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children in our care successful candidates are expected to undergo pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS and barred lists check.
* All applications will be considered in line with the Equality Act 2010
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: