Royal Educare are looking for Children's Residential Support Workers and Senior Children Residential Support Workers to work on a full time basis with our clients in Bridgend and the surrounding areas.
Hours: Fully flexible over a 7 day period, can include days, evenings, sleep ins and waking nights.
Reports to: Team Leader
Accountable to: Registered Manager
To support children and young people, to help provide a fulfilling environment where the young person can develop to their full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with children and young people within their own home.
- To provide support in all areas of personal, education and social need, both in the home, school and the community, in accordance with the agreed support plan and within an agreed plan of risk taking.
- To facilitate increased independence by encouraging and supporting participation in education, daily living activities and opportunities.
- To work with children and young people, their families, team members and partner organisations to ensure that support is tailored to meet their individual needs and wishes.
- To use a range of communication methods to assist people to make informed decisions and choices about the issues affecting their lives.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the home and school through effective communication with the people living there, the staff team, family members and partner organisations.
- To be familiar with and work within the organisation and the service’s values policies and procedures, maintaining records and reports accordingly.
- To preserve and respect the dignity and privacy of people and their families and observe confidentiality at all times.
- To attend and participate in team meetings, supervisions, appraisals and training as requested and required by your Manager.
- To follow best practice guidance regarding Safeguarding, Care Standards Act, Children’s Act, Health and Safety and managing risks legislation to promote independence.
- To work flexibly and creatively to meet the needs of people by working weekends, bank holidays and people’s holidays and providing cover as required in the event of staff shortages in the Home and School.
- Supporting children and young people on holiday, to include overnight stops away from the normal place of work.
- To support anti-discrimination policies and procedures and promote equality of opportunity at all times.
- To undertake such additional duties appropriate to the post and to support the organisation’s wider goals by working flexibly across the organisation from time to time as determined by your manager.
- Successfully complete induction and QCF standards.
- To act as a key worker for designated individuals as determined by your manager.
- To report any significant issues, notifiable events or concerns through line management channels.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91070657