Our client is a prestigious accountancy practice, with offices in Wiltshire and Berkshire and Oxfordshire. We are excited to be helping them recruit for a Bookkeeper/Accounts Technician. Our client has ambitious growth plans and are looking for a dynamic individual to become a member of their team based in their Swindon office. Duties of the Accounts Technician role are as follows;
- Supporting the Accounts Team in providing an excellent service for a portfolio of clients.
- Gain a strong understanding of your clients.
- Assist more experienced trainees and the Client Managers in preparation of management and statutory accounts and audit files.
- Become familiar with the range of accounting software solutions
- Obtain information and resolve queries with client staff, building relationships with key contacts.
- Professional communication and (self) management.
- Working as part of a team.
- Accurate recording of all financial transactions through ledger postings, nominal journals, bank reconciliations etc.
- Processing of bank payments.
- Carrying out credit control.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Submission of annual Confirmation Statements to Companies House.
- Helping with the production of monthly management accounts and other ad hoc financial reporting.
- Maintaining cash flow forecasts.
- Preparation and checking on invoices and delivery notes.
- Helping and preparation of year end accounts.
Requirements The Successful Applicant
Our client is looking for an experienced candidate, someone who is reliable and competent
Specifically, we require:
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Proactive and willing to take on increased responsibility when ready.
- Experienced with accounts.
- Ideally a minimum of level 3 AAT.
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in a bookkeeping role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91074434