Foodbank Manager – 12 Month Contract
Oldham, Greater Manchester
About Our Client
Our client is a life-changing service that helps local people in crisis. No one in our community should have to face going hungry and our client is part of a nationwide network of food banks working to combat poverty and hunger. Our client is seeded by the Trussell Trust.
They’re currently looking for a Foodbank Manager to oversee the smooth running of Oldham Foodbank on a 12 month fixed-term contract.
- Salary of £26,000 per annum
- Benefits package
- Make a positive difference to people in your community
If you have great leadership skills and a strong understanding of supporting and managing volunteers, this is an amazing opportunity to join an organisation that’s committed to empowering the community’s most vulnerable people.
Our client is a collaboration of local churches and community groups of all denominations, faiths and none, working together towards stopping hunger in the local area. Now, more than ever, it is imperative that our client is able to provide emergency support and food as efficiently as possible – and that’s where you come in.
In this important role, you will have the chance to increase the capabilities of our client’s Foodbank, which provides much more than food. Your efforts will ensure that they can continue to support those who are most in need and help them to escape poverty.
As the Foodbank Manager, you’ll oversee the successful growth and delivery of the Foodbank’s service.
This is a varied role that will see you supporting the distribution of food parcels, warehouse operations, donations and signposting, as well as recruiting, training and supervising the volunteer team.
Reporting to the Trustees, you will:
- Help to guide the development of the Foodbank, including its resources, financial assets, reputation, partnership and volunteer body
- Respond to telephone and email queries
- Work with lead volunteers to monitor stock levels
- Identify ways to maximise the efficiency of the Foodbank
- Maintain and develop partnerships with sponsors
To join our client as a Foodbank Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working for, or volunteering in, an organisation that deploys volunteers
- The ability to manage and monitor the development of a project
- Empathy and an understanding of the challenges of supporting and managing volunteers
- The ability to lead, motivate, train and support volunteers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Other organisations may call this role Food Bank Manager, Volunteering Supervisor, Volunteering Team Leader, Volunteering Manager, or Charity Service Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 25th November 2020.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference as a Foodbank Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 36 hours per week, Monday – Friday (some occasional weekend and evening work may be required)