Due to MJ Quinn's ever growing team we are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyors to join our Commercial team. Working in our Head Office in Knowsley, Liverpool, working Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.
MJQuinn is an established national organisation, with contracts covering the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. We have over 1500 workers delivering our services, operating from our offices in Liverpool.
At MJQuinn we believe in creating great connections, with our customers, our people and our world. We trust in our team and have a workforce skilled to meet the needs of a 21st Century Communications Network.
You will be key to support the effective and profitable delivery of a new £20m project from subcontract procurement, site measures, weekly & monthly P&L's, budget analysis, raising & agreement of EWN's/compensation events & general commercial administration of the contract.
Your role will include:
- Produce accurate weekly P&L's and support Commercial Manager & Finance Manager to produce period end financials.
- Work alongside Supply Chain to support engagement with subcontractors and ultimate agreement of profitable and contractually watertight orders.
- To effectively administer the commercial aspects of the contract in accordance with the parameters & exacting time frames as set out in the contract particulars.
- Agreement of applications for payment & Final Accounts with client.
- Production of dashboard reports to reflect on the key commercial areas under the contract.
- Monthly WIP analysis & cash flow control.
- Monthly production of accurate cost & value forecasting.
- Mitigating through EWN's against time & cost impact & maximising revenue through Compensation Events where appropriate.
- Oversee supplier accounts for the region being first point of contact to address application queries and to maintain an accurate running picture of applied/certified/retention/contracts/WIP
- Working knowledge of NEC3 Option A contract is essential.
- Background in utilities/communications/civils is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software in particular Excel
- Competitive salary
- Medicash Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Gym & Retail Discounts
- X2 Life Assurance
Should you feel you have similar experience and you’re looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91082566