We are currently seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join a well-established, family-run SME based in Warrington. As a Transport Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all goods are delivered in line with, or exceeding, customer’s expectations by managing sub-contractors and couriers within the UK whilst maintaining tight cost control.
Key responsibilities and duties of this role...
- Report and review transport out cost vs budgeted
- Report and review on customer experience by liaising with drivers and customer service team
- Constantly review processes and prioritize improvements
- Forecast delivery requirements based on both new customer and turnover trends
- Constantly challenge current delivery methods with ‘what if’ scenarios
- Perform root cause analysis against repeat issues to continually improve the service
- Maintaining commercial contracts with our service providers
- Take the lead in despatch tenders and collate / analyse and suggest alternate transport options
- Ensure that current and future Health & Safety policy is adhered to continually support the creation of a center of excellence culture
- Build strong links with SOP and the warehouse to facilitate a smooth flow of orders and to deal with any issues that arise
- Strong focus on making sure the best possible delivery service is provided to get orders to the customers on time and in good condition
- Use of systems and ability to identify areas for improvement to enable the highest level of delivery service.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Business and commercial understanding for budget control
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- The ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Data driven and analytical approach
- Good time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good geographical and motorway knowledge of the UK
Hours: Monday - Friday 7am - 4pm
- Salary £30k - £34k (depending on experience)
- +Quarterly Bonus (discretionary)
- 23 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday