Line Manager: Senior Carer
Our Brand Promise:
At Churchlake Care we’re motivated by our commitment to deliver peace of mind, providing residents with safety and security in an environment where they can expect the same level of care and attention they would receive from a loved one. We promise to ensure our residents are respected, nourished and supported to express themselves, taking maximum enjoyment and value from every day of their lives.
Our Value Commitments:
Colleagues in Churchlake Care share a deep commitment to contributing to a positive workplace culture based on learning, growing and being an excellent place live and work. We achieve this by committing to be Forward Thinkers, Evolvers, Truth Talkers, Listeners, Achievers, Positive Encouragers and Team Players.
Purpose of Role:
Provide full and holistic care to residents, meeting their individual and personal health care needs in a way that promotes choice, dignity and respect. Promote a positive and caring environment throughout the Home, acknowledging your workplace is, first and foremost, the residential living space of people requiring care and support with the daily tasks of their lives.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Familiarise yourself with the individual care plan of every resident, keeping up to date with any changes made by authorised colleagues.
· Carry out care as detailed in each individual care plan for residents in the home.
· Assist residents who need help with personal care, including bathing, washing and all aspects of their personal hygiene.
· Assist with the dressing or changing of residents where required.
· Ensure residents’ personal living space, including bed, commode and clothing are kept clean and presentable and free from soiling.
· Support residents with mobility and any physical disabilities, supporting the use of care aids and personal equipment.
· Actively encourage residents, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living.
· Help promote mental and physical activity of residents through conversation, on-site and off-site activities and sharing in day to day recreation such as reading, writing and general hobbies.
· Support responsive and caring action by notifying the person in charge immediately of any matter affecting the well-being of residents and the Home.
· Prepare simple food and drinks and where necessary assist or feed residents requiring help.
· Assist the kitchen in the plating up and serving of meals as required.
· Respond to emergency bells, front door and telephone, greet and welcome visitors in the home.
· Adopt a professional approach towards residents, relatives, colleagues and visitors.
· Any other reasonable tasks as expected by your line manager.