Trading from 100 stores, Millets supply a more casual outdoor customer who seeks value for money, providing for a wide range of recreational activities with an emphasis on exclusive brands, such as Peter Storm and Eurohike.
In this role you will assist the Store Manager in the day to day running of the store. Taking ownership of a number of duties while making sure that the stores KPIs are achieved. Furthermore, in the Manager’s absence you will be the first point of contact, therefore you will motivate the work force to drive sales and offer exceptional customer service, while exceeding targets and maintaining the standards of the business.
- Ensure that customers are given considerate and responsible service throughout their visit.
- Deal with enquires and complaints resolving the issue at the earliest opportunity in a professional manner.
- Ensure that personal appearance and standard of dress for the internal team is in line with company guidelines.
- Have an understanding of the Customer Service measuring programme, Customer Satisfaction Surveys and company Net Promoter Scores
- Ensure that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
- Able to understand and interpret the relevant oracle reports.
- Utilise in store devices, ensuring that all team members are driving this at every opportunity.
- Confident use of the store’s dashboard to analyse Footfall, ATV and Conversion.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Ensure that the weekly brief has been actioned with the store
- Ensure that all merchandise is correctly priced, price amendments are actioned and all POS is correctly displayed.
- Ensure mannewuins, displays and windows are updated in accordance with Visual Mechandising guidelines
Training & Development
- Develop internal staff and promote progression within the group.
- Monitor the Training and Development site and keep track of staff progression by the relevant
- Assist with store recruitment, new starter inductions and staff training.
- Management development should be prioritised with the use of the in house training.
- Retail Management experience would be advantageous
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills - Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Career progression
- Company discount
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Company pension
Please note due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond personally to all applicants.
If you haven’t been contacted directly within two weeks of the vacancy closing date your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Please add your details to our talent bank and we will keep you up to date on all our new vacancies.