Provide complex care support as needed for a professionally and socially active, creative client to maintain independence by assisting and facilitating the client's health, care, personal, social, professional and voluntary goals.
The role requires care skills (and experience), empathy, patience, and the ability to work under your own initiative while maintaining confidentiality, and without hindering or interfering the client's wishes and activities.
Essentially, the role requires you to respect the client's autonomy and support him in performing tasks he would perform himself if he were able-bodied, as well as provide all care needs including personal care.
To maintain and promote the safety of the client, both at home and whilst undertaking personal, social, professional and voluntary activities.
[Please also note the client has two cats, so this job may not be suitable if you have any cat or
* Have a minimum of three years care experience (preferably experience with supporting people with physical disabilities, Gastrostomy Care, Ventilation, and Moving and Handling, etc.) * Be comfortable with providing all care including personal care. * Be a non-smoker. * Be reliable. * Be flexible. * Be punctual. * Be caring, supportive and respectful, especially at the client's home. * Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). * To work in line with policies and procedures. * Ability to set goals and objectives to meet the client's requirements. * Ability to follow the client's specific directions at all times in order to maintain independence and lifestyle. * Be organised. * Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work well with others is absolutely essential. * Have a full clean driver's license.
* To be flexible, non-judgemental and maintain client confidentiality at all times. * To have the ability to forge and maintain professional relationships with the client, other support workers and employees of HomeCareDirect with the focus of helping the client achieve his goals. * To have the ability to ensure attention to detail is maintained in all documentation and to have the ability to follow policies and procedures set out by HomeCareDirect. * To have the ability to give and take with colleagues, and be supportive and kind to them. Have an understanding that working well with and helping out teammates results in a positive working environment for everyone involved. * Honesty to the client and to your teammates is critical.
* To ensure health & safety needs of the client at all times. * To provide all care needs including personal care to client as needed. * To provide individualised, person centred care that meet the client's needs and wishes at all times. * To provide medication and equipment to the client as needed. * To assist client get to and from all appointments as needed. * To ensure client's holistic wellbeing is supported as needed at all times. * To meet the needs and goals of the client as outlined in the Care Plan. * To be flexible in relation to shifts, available to work both day shifts and night shifts including weekends. * To maintain client room / bathroom (and vehicle) cleanliness and regular tidy-up, aswell as all the Support Workers' areas. * To maintain and organise all of the client's clothing, belongings and equipment to the wishes of the client. Support Workers are responsible for being careful with the client's belongings and treating them the way he would himself. * To assist and facilitate client to achieve goals for personally, social, professional and voluntary networks without interference or hindrance when and where needed; and be particularly to be respectful and maintain boundaries with friends and/or family. * To maintain a professional relationship and a professional level of care at all times, especially with the client's work colleagues, friends and/or family and other Support Workers. * To check stock of supplies regularly as required and maintain adequate stock levels. * To undertake training as needed to meet the needs of the client. * To show empathy with the client, Team Leader and other Support Workers (colleagues), as well as maintaining client dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times. * To maintain positive working environment and address any concerns through the appropriate means in a respectful manner.
* Mon – Fri, 8am – 8pm = £9.56 per hour. * Mon – Fri, 8pm – 8am =£10.56 (waking night) per hour. * Weekends = £10.56 per hour. * After a successful probationary period this will increase to £10.56 weekdays, £11.56 per hour for weekends and wake nights
* Training is provided to meet the needs of the individual client. * Other training requirements will be discussed within supervisions in line with existing qualifications and experience.
The content of this document is not all-inclusive and the company reserves the right to amend sections as and when the requirements of the role or company requirements change.
**Post exempt under The Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9 Part 1 – There is a genuine occupational requirement to recruit male support workers only.**