Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate
About Hawk-Eye »
Hawk-Eye have transformed the use of technology in sport, redefining the way sport is officiated and broadcast. With industry-leading products, such as VAR, Goal Line Technology and Smart Production, Hawk-Eye continues to set the benchmark in sport, changing the game for the better.
We are a Sony business, forming part of Sony Sports Innovation (SSI).
What the job is all about »
Our Mission is to operate a world class Global Finance and Accounting team utilizing global processes and controls to provide Sony with an efficient, cost effective and scalable solution
As a Finance & Accounting manager, you will work in coordination with multiple Global stakeholders (SGTS, GTO, Sony Europe), and with the Key stakeholders in the Hawkeye business to deliver under the umbrella of a Global Process Model which spans across multiple countries and time zones.
This includes supporting, coordination of, and leading Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Treasury and General Ledger functions.
- Manage all aspects of Account Receivable, including Credit control activities and collection.
- Keep Accounts Receivable ledger up to date with regard to DSO management, Overdue Ageing, Dispute resolution and Bad debt performance measures
- Manage manual invoicing in terms of timely invoicing, accurate VAT coding, and compliance to country requirements.
- Manage all aspects of Account Payable, including on time payments.
- Handle significant volumes of Freelancer invoices
- Responsible for expense reclaim policies and processing in accordance to policy
- Ensure all actual reporting for Hawkeye is completed to scheduled timelines
- US-GAAP group reporting and IFRS statutory reporting accounting practice to determine accurate Revenue and cost recognition of largely project based activities
- Maintain Ledger according to requirements and keeping it aligned with Financial Statement and Corporate Income Tax submissions.
- Control and ensure full accuracy of all Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss position fully reconciled to independent source information
- Coordination of External and Internal Audit work in support of overall SEU Group Audit.
- Ensure areas such as litigation and contingent liabilities continue to be reviewed and assessed
- Ensure all other regulatory submissions are made to local authorities and to published timelines
Finance Process Compliance, Governance and Managing Improvements
- Ensure internal controls are up to required level as defined by Sony group policies
- Keep track of policy and procedures updates and adherence to them by the Hawkeye organization
- Keep track and document decision making and governance in line with Delegation of Authorities
- Ensure compliance to all tax, legal and statutory requirements in all jurisdictions Hawkeye is doing business in
- Deliver accurate information, compliance, efficient proactive finance support and technical financial expertise to internal customers
- Propose, implement and enforce standardised processes and procedures across in the scope of responsibility to deliver efficiency and effectiveness in monthly financial reporting for group accounting and for statutory purposes
- Optimise tools and systems available to provide automated financial and operational information
Tax / Treasury
- Ensure accurate cash flow forecast to pro-actively manage financing requirements through Sony Global Treasury Services (SGTS)
- Prepare, and submit VAT returns, Intrastat and associated reporting requirements.
- Define and implement strategies to mitigate tax risk in close cooperation with Global Tax Office (GTO)
RequirementsWhat we need from you »
- Professionally qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or international equivalent), Part Qualified, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in project accounting US-GAAP and IFRS revenue and cost recognition methods in a commercial environment that could be event based, long term percentage of completion method and multiple deliverable elements and/or lease accounting elements.
- Advanced SAP expertise in FICO, SRM and VIM is essential. Advanced Microsoft Office Excel expertise is essential.
- Must be super hands on in order to deliver output on day one, operationally working to actually doing the work him/herself.
- Must be able to identify weaknesses in processes quickly and execute improvement initiatives immediately
- Expertise in leadership within all finance process areas of record-to-report/general ledger, purchase-to-pay/accounts payable, order-to-cash/accounts receivable.
- Preparation of statutory accounts to filing stage, under local GAAP is essential
- Must have proven ability to communicate effectively with Internal and External customers/business partners at various levels
- Experience of working in a Global business within a multi-currency & country environment would be a strong advantage
- Demonstrated ability to build and run a global organizational structure is a plus.
What you'll get from us »
- A high-autonomy role with real exposure to some of the biggest names in the sports and broadcasting worlds
- Access to the some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry
- Opportunity to put your own mark by improving current processes and setting up efficient internal and external communication lines
Total Reward »
At Hawk-Eye not only do you get to be part of the cutting edge of sports technology, you will also be valued and rewarded for your contribution through a strong reward platform that includes:
- 23 Days Annual Leave
- 8 Public Holidays
- Enhanced Pension Scheme (with 5% matching)
- Flexible Working
- Optional Private Healthcare
- Complimentary Unmind App
- Access to sporting events and tickets
- Onsite Gym (Basingstoke)
- Sony Group Company Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer »
Hawk-Eye is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability, or union membership status.