AECOM is looking to recruit an Engineer to join our busy development infrastructure teams in Birmingham, St Albans and Croydon.
AECOM are involved in all aspects of major residential led developments throughout the UK and overseas. The Development Infrastructure team plays an integral part in these projects often taking a leading role with work spanning initial feasibility, technical support for planning and detailed design of infrastructure for implementation.
The team tackles a wide variety of projects located both in the UK and overseas. This is an ideal opportunity for a suitably experienced Engineer to develop their career and assist in the technical direction and future development of this team.
Role responsibilities include:
- Assist Senior and Principal Engineers in Civil Engineering Design
- Detailed Drainage Design to support S104 Agreements
- Detailed Highway Design to support S278 and S38 Agreements
- Utility Assessments
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Earthworks modelling
- Sustainable Drainage Design (SuDS)
- Feasibility appraisals for pre-acquisitions
- Experience in development infrastructure design for residential, commercial and leisure sites.
- Use of AutoCAD, WinDes, MX/PDS/Civil 3D
- Experienced in working with developer clients and contractors.
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Working towards Incorporated or Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineer and/or member of the Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241786BR
Additional Locations UK - Croydon - Bedford Park, UK - St. Albans
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Apply for this job