Job title: Software Developer
Salary: Competitive + great benefits and working environment
Location: Slinfold, West Sussex. Currently working from home due to COVID-19
Hours: Monday - Friday 0830 - 1730, can offer flexible working arrangements
The AJW Group is a world-leading specialist in the provision of integrated aircraft solutions. A team of over 700 dedicated aviation professionals around the globe focus on the business ethos of quality and flexibility that permeates every aspect of the customer experience.
Transforming aviation efficiency takes a diverse set of talents. AJW has built a global reputation for the resources and expertise it provides which underpin more than 1000 customers in 117 countries. Collectively our people speak more than 60 languages. We offer flexible opportunities for the right candidates together with state of the art on-site working facilities.
The role sits within the Digital Engineering team, which is an area of high growth and a priority for the business.
A senior developer/engineer will be expected to guide best practice and delivery within the team and provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced team members.
What you'll be doing
Acting as a key developer in the team, using C# / .NET Core 3.1 & SQL to develop AJW software based on internally defined specifications. This includes:
* Refining specifications based on technical needs
* Building and linking SQL server databases through APIs
* Developing and integrating the system as a whole
* Providing technical input for the creation of software documentation and training materials
* 3+ years of software engineering experience with C# experience
* 1+ year of SQL experience – MS SQL / PL SQL
* Working knowledge of Agile, Software Design Patterns & SOLID principles
* Working knowledge of version control (preferably Git)
* Experience working with web services
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills / Knowledge
* Experience working on customer-facing applications, ability to deliver on user interface requirements, and improve where necessary
* Experience with continuous integration and Unit Testing
* Understanding of e-commerce systems
* Experience building Docker containers to test and deploy Microservices
* AWS (SQS, Aurora, Lambda Functions, Comprehend)
* Experience architecting Azure solutions (e.g. with Azure SQL, SharePoint, Power Automation, and Azure AD)
* Experience with RESTful APIs
* JIRA (end-user and/or administration)
Who are we?
At AJW Group, you can expect a stunning work environment with an on-site gym, various gym classes such as yoga, bike for work scheme, and bike stations for cycling the Sussex Countryside! We also have a superb on-site restaurant with hot cooked breakfast and lunch, healthy snacks, and fresh Coffee.
Our benefits include an annual bonus scheme, pension contribution, medicash provision, Eden Red discount vouchers, and an active 'Voice of the People' agenda which includes events, charity activities, team building, employee surveys, and more.
See for yourself what it's like to work here:-
AJW Group is an equal opportunities employer with the aim of providing a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage suitably qualified applications regardless of race, disability, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, and religion or belief. We are a culture that celebrates success on merit.
To recruitment agencies: AJW Group will not accept unsolicited or speculative agency CV’S and will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CV’s