Licensed Security Officer
Location: EH477BW, Bathgate
Salary: £9 to £9 per hour
Open from: Tue 10th, Nov 2020 until Sun 13th, Dec 2020
Do you have what it takes to be an Licensed Security Officer with Securitas?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Licensed Security Officer to join our dynamic team on site at one or our clients premisis. This role is perfect for anyone who is looking to stay within the Security industry or looking to start a new career in Security.
The Role of Security Officer is to provide a security service at the working location which is in line with the Assignment Instructions set by our client / customer in order to protect their employees, property and other assets.
Although demanding, a Security Officer role with Securitas will allow you to demonstrate your exemplary customer service skills as you engage with customers, clients and visitors throughout each shift, whilst remaining alert to security issues and keeping everyone safe.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows: -
Protection of Property and Premises
- Prevent and deter unauthorised access to site. Monitor fire alarms, intruder alarms and CCTV as appropriate.
- Conduct external and internal security patrols as detailed in the Assignment Instructions.
- Provide traffic control and apply parking restrictions as required.
- Carry out routine tests of security equipment where appropriate.
- Manage keys and perform locking and unlocking duties as detailed in the Assignment Instructions.
- Ensure any equipment provided by the customer and Securitas is managed in accordance with procedures detailed in the Assignment Instructions.
- Maintain all logbooks and records as detailed in the Assignment Instructions.
- Issue visitor/contractor passes in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
- Deal with lost property in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
Health and Safety
- To provide support, guidance and information to all staff, visitors and contractors whilst ensuring safeguarding of the premises.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are followed at all times. Record and report all faults, health and safety hazards and unsafe working practices to supervisor/manager. Report and record all accidents in accordance with the Assignment
- Ensure all walkways and emergency escape routes are always kept clear.
- Report any usage of First Aid equipment and shortfalls in the contents of First Aid boxes.
- Notify the Securitas Operations Centre (SOC) in the event of any emergencies and follow the instructions given.
- Investigate the cause of all fire alarm activations.
Prevent Loss and Waste
- Report instances of property at risk of being lost, stolen, damaged and/or vandalised.
- During patrols, switch off unnecessary lights and close windows.
Prevent and Deter Crime
- Operate radios, pagers, clocking equipment and any other physical security equipment used on site.
- Operate customer’s ‘stop and search’ policies when required.
- Carry out initial investigations and report both verbally and in writing on incidents, suspicious activities, objects and vehicles.
- Display an outstanding level of customer service.
- Take responsibility for problems that staff and visitors may have.
- Display the highest standard of personal presentation and smartness of uniform to maintain the image of Securitas and the customer.
- Answer telephone calls professionally and in accordance with the Assignment Instructions.
- Identify opportunities for improving practices and processes, and enter the details in the Ideas Book.
- Book on at the beginning of each shift and make check calls in accordance with Company policy.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed in a timely fashion and conduct effective handover procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by Branch Management.
BenefitsWe offer a variety of benefits including life assurance, pension cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, heath advice services, discount on car leasing or purchase, discounts at a multitude of retailers, restaurants, days out, cinema and gyms., internal recognition schemes and awards.
Additional InformationFull time Security Officer required. 42 hours per week average based on 4 on and 4 off. Mixture of days and nights with an option of overtime available.
- Must be working towards acquiring a valid SIA Licence.
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Have a five year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self-employment or full and part-time education during that period.
- No current criminal convictions.
To work with us you will need to be confident, articulate and communicate well both orally and in written language. You will need to be able to get to different sites as required, so either have your own transport or be in an area with good public transport links.
Our team need to be immaculately turned out, polite and proactive when engaging with customers to ensure a complete customer experience is provided, as we aim to maintain our outstanding reputation for excellence.
- Security experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of computers
About The Company
Securitas are redefining the way that Security Officers are perceived within the security sector and unlike other security companies, we are driving solutions that combine people technology and knowledge rather than just static guarding. We are establishing a reputation that is second to none as we integrate with the operations teams within hundreds of high-profile companies.
We are breaking down the barriers in the security industry by encouraging and empowering gender diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Securitas is a company where you can come to develop a career, with access to training and the ability to gain qualifications, you can grow in confidence and take on more responsibility. Our people are empowered and are not micro-managed. We trust people to do a good job and make a difference every day. We recognise our employee's efforts and achievements through our ‘you make a difference awards’ and quarterly ‘community award’ schemes.
We look after our staff in many ways and provide excellent benefits that include, various discounts on holidays and days out, support to gain your SIA licence, discounts in a variety of well-known shops and online stores, gym discounts, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, car leasing and new car discounts, City & Guilds accredited training programme and above all a genuine career roadmap
You cannot apply for this job because it is closed.