Our Mission & Vision
Darwin is Changing Benefits. For Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’, ‘maximise potential’ and to ‘challenge everything, deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Darwin to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, nearly 2 million people are already using our platform (Darwin). That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
Working within Finance you will form part of the Controllership Team who are responsible for all general accounting, the accuracy of financial reporting, ensuring the integrity of the balance sheet as well as supporting the business with a range of services including client billing and accounts payable. This is all supported through a structured control environment.
As a team member you will need to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. This will include having a strong understanding of how the business operates including priorities and the range of risks and challenges faced by the business. There is significant scope for personal development and career progression within Finance and the wider business.
The Role & Your Mission
The jobholder will be responsible for a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Submission of accurate monthly financial results to MMC Group, ensuring all reporting deadlines are met and that reporting is in accordance with MMC Group policies. This includes coordinating and managing pre-close activities working closely with the UK Controllership team.
- Assisting FP&A and Accounting Ops with any accounting queries they may have.
- Preparation and submission of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Developing knowledge of systems and processes to ensure group policies are adhered to.
- Assisting with the production of financial statutory and regulatory submissions. Including the production of ETB’s from US GAAP to IFRS.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of R&D tax credits.
- Developing a working knowledge of the payroll process to assist, and provide cover for, the payroll associate as and when required.
- Production and submission of the quarterly VAT reports to Group within required timeframes.
- Completion of intercompany reconciliations
- Providing support and guidance to the overseas offices (Singapore & Romania).
- Assisting with ad-hoc finance projects and analysis
Your Experience & Values
- Qualified Accountant with financial background.
- Extensive experience in working in a Controllership team
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels; verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Oracle.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and operating in a SOX environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail, hardworking, reliable and highly organised
- Able to work independently and problem solve
Our PINK Benefits & Culture
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in the UK, Romania and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients
- We champion flexible working, and our mission is to help you find YOUR work-life balance, whether that's standard working, part-time working, flexitime working, compressed hours, or working from home.
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?