Are you looking to make a difference with young people? Do you want to make sure they have the best quality of life possible? We are currently recruiting for a Social Worker to become part of the Children in need and Child Protection teams.
Key Duties/Areas of Responsibility:
1. Carry out investigations and planned assessments, providing written evidence based reports for complex cases
2. Provide ongoing advice and support to children and families, including key worker responsibility for at risk children
3. Make sure that plans, agreements and reviewing and monitoring arrangements are made in child care cases, including those with child protection.
4. Be involved in the development of preventative intervention strategies and support services
5. Develop links with other agencies in the locality
6. Identify client needs and be involved with others in examining strategies to meet needs
7. Provide information, guidance and advice on availability of local services and practices relevant to work with children and families
8. Keep accurate and up-to-date records and reports of all contacts with children and families
9. Actively promote the best interests of children and families.
- Educated to degree level as a minimum, i.e. Diploma in Social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. It is also essential you are currently registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)/ Social Work England as a registered Social Worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
If this opportunity sounds like it could be of interest to you, either hit apply, or contact Jake on 07593 580 899 to discuss further!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91242579