Netsuite Functional Consultant
Full time, permanent
Up to £55,000 - £65,000 per year
Who are Tes?
Tes Global is a global digital education company that has been supporting educators for over 100 years. We power schools and enable great teaching worldwide, by creating intelligent online products and services to make the greatest difference in education.
With more than 13.7m education professionals and enthusiasts in our online community using over 900k classroom resources and working relationships with 25,000 schools in over 100 countries, we have the scale to make a difference. Our innovative products and services are delivered through a range of partners across the globe. We help schools find the teachers they need; we bring new teachers into the profession through initial teacher training; we provide teachers with continuous professional development and help educators with safeguarding training and compliance. We provide innovative tools to help teachers succeed in the classroom as well as bring educators together online, so they can share expertise and provide them with vital news and information about education.
We are leaders in using digital technology to make life easier for schools and teachers. The services offered through Tes.com play a critical role in helping teachers and school leaders deal with the challenges of providing high quality education to millions of children across the globe.
As NetSuite Functional Consultant, you play a critical role in helping leverage the NetSuite platform to manage the delivery of Tes’ systems and business strategy. NetSuite’s integration with other key systems and platforms is integral to the company’s digital transformational journey.
You report into the Head of Business Systems, who manages Tes’ key back office applications, including NetSuite, Salesforce and Zuora. You liaise across departments, working both as part of the Business Systems team and as part of cross-functional teams on a project basis.
You are based in Tes’s Sheffield office, with the option of 2-3 days remote working per week once fully established in role.
Key role responsibilities:
- Collaborating with business stakeholders effectively, translating business requirements into development deliverables.
- Safeguarding the technical architecture, integrity and performance of Tes’ NetSuite instance and its closely related Finance apps.
- Working in an agile development environment, attending sprint planning/retrospective and daily stand up meetings, and documenting progress in Tes’ backlog management tool.
- Configuring and maintaining the more complex areas of NetSuite, including workflows, data migration, financial reports, saved searches, advanced revenue recognition, bank reconciliation.
- Acting as a senior member of the NetSuite team, who consults on issues and provides potential solutions while considering future scalability and supportability.
- Sharing knowledge with and providing guidance to more junior team members, providing training if necessary.
- Providing support with any severe issues that are escalated to you from a NetSuite administrator in the team.
- Following and promoting development best practices, including employing quality assurance methods such as unit, user acceptance and regression testing.
- Producing NetSuite technical design and implementation documentation where applicable.
- Peer reviewing/QA-ing the work of team members.
- Understanding the overall system architecture in which NetSuite resides at Tes.
- Understand in detail the interfaces that NetSuite has with other systems at Tes.
- Continually increasing knowledge of other internal systems and how they directly or indirectly interact with NetSuite. You must assess the impact that work carried out in NetSuite might have in the wider technical landscape at Tes.
- Acting as a driving/senior member of key strategic system projects where NetSuite plays a pivotal role.
- Providing support for peripheral Finance systems such as Oracle PBCS, DocuPeak, Stripe, etc.
- Trouble-shooting calmly and methodically; striving for sustainable technical solutions to issues and business challenges.
- Proactively seeking and proposing continuous improvement opportunities to the technical team and Finance team based on experience.
- Providing transparency on work and project status to NetSuite team lead and management where requested.
Education and experience requirements:
- NetSuite SuiteFoundation and Administrator Certification essential
- Certified NetSuite ERP Consultant
- HTML and SQL scripting skills
- Financial accounting background/skills
- Desirable: NetSuite Certified Finance User
- Desirable: Exposure to technologies such as Oracle PBCS, QlikView, AWS, Stripe
- 4+ years NetSuite administration/configuration and consulting experience
- 4+ years data migration experience
- NetSuite implementation experience
- Experience of NetSuite integration with other systems/platforms (ideally via AWS)
- Experience of working in agile environment
- Experience of working with backlog management tools such as JIRA, GitHub etc
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to relay technical detail to non-technical audiences
- Able to prioritise and multi-task according to workload demands
- Excellent accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Creative, results driven, enthusiastic and pro-active
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
What do you get in return?
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30
- 5% pension after probation
- State of the art city centre offices
- Access to a range of benefits via My Benefits World
- Discounted city centre parking
- Free fruit delivered to the office weekly
- Free breakfast cereals
- Free soft and hot drinks
- Free eye care cover
- Free Westfield Health cover
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Referral Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- EAP (Employee assistance programme)
- Paid for monthly nights out
- Access to an extensive Learning and Development menu
We are proud of our people centric culture where everyone is driven to achieve the same goal, to support and connect teachers and schools worldwide, helping them to improve children's lives through education.Tes Global will ensure all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. We invite applicants to contact us directly to identify any additional support required.