We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
The Painter Brothers Quality team need a vibrant Graduate Quality Engineer in the team due to the increase envisaged in manufacturing and structural steel fabrication.
To provide quality control and quality assurance support across the business to ensure that we achieve a consistently high standard of quality in a sustainable and environmentally responsible way.
The Quality Engineer will ensure that our strategy for Growth and exceeding Industry margins are achieved through ensuring our value proposition and quality delivery is ‘sold’ to our customers.
Duties may include:
· Assist in the maintenance of the company’s Quality Management System
· Assist in the preparation of procedures/work instructions and training with regard to quality matters to ensure the company’s quality systems requirements are understood, implemented and maintained.
· Prepare Quality Plans and Inspection and Test Plans as required
· Analyse data and generate reports as required
· Conduct quality control inspections including NDT and generate and maintain records
· Ensure, in liaison with other departments, suppliers and where applicable clients that any non- conforming product is identified and controlled.
· Participate in the investigation of non-conformances, corrective/ preventative actions and complaints as required and maintain records
· Conduct internal and supplier audits as per the internal audit plan and draft reports
· To participate in quality projects and initiatives such as Zero Defect Delivery, production optimisation, etc.
· Ensure that all equipment used for inspection and testing by the QA/QC department is calibrated and records maintained.
· Technical evaluation on specifications and drawings for fabrication
· Ensure that all work practices comply with legal and statutory requirements relating to health and safety
What we’re looking for:
· A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
· A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
· A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
· A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil, Mechanical or Structural Engineering
· Ideally have experience within a construction environment
· Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
· A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact email@example.com
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until 19th March 2021 however, Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: