At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,000 employees and in 2019, our Group generated revenues of over $1.827 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
At ConvaTec, we’re transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We’re aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us as a Project Coordinator and you’ll do the same.
This is a key role within the Global Procurement function driving a high-performance culture and setting the standard for excellence. The Programme Coordinator will support the Procurement Excellence Lead in the execution of ConvaTec’s procurement excellence initiative and will also support the wider ConvaTec Transformation Programme by working with category leads and the Procurement Leadership Team on projects as required.
As a member of this team, you will be expected to develop, outline and execute projects in accordance with agreed upon deliverables, timings and budgets.
The Candidate must possess the following core qualities:
- Knowledge of project management skills, techniques and processes.
- Ability to use knowledge, data and experiences to evaluate solutions and provide recommendations.
- Form and lead teams with cross-functional groups ensuring common team objectives, goals and milestones are met.
- Demonstrate a strong collaborative mindset and be able to work with Project Managers and teams, both internally across functions and externally.
- Effectively communicate with and to a diverse audience, at multiple levels within the company using a variety of communication formats, e.g. presentations, meetings, reports
- Self-motivate and self-start to navigate internal processes, develop proficiency with relevant systems, and overcome barriers to effectively implement new processes.
- Manage multiple projects at various stages and levels of complexity and demonstrate ability to prioritise per business needs.
- Display positive drive and enthusiasm with a strong “team-player” mindset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create detailed work plans for assigned projects which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete each project
- Determine the resources (time, money, capital equipment, etc.) required to complete the project and resolve resource conflicts
- Develop schedules for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review project schedules with Stakeholders (senior management, project team) and revise schedules/plan as required
- Determine the success measures upon which projects will be evaluated at completion
- Develop presentations, reports etc. for project reporting
- Set up administrative and system files to ensure documentation and tracking
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organisation on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Develop proficiency with company project management tools to manage, track and report on project progress
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Support Global Procurement as needed with transformation or change elements as dictated by company strategy, vision and values. Input into the design and planning of transformation projects and implement such via self-delivery or via internal or external resources.
- Support / assist the review and development of all Procurement policies, processes, templates and tools ensuring optimum integration with other departments, compliance with regulations, and alignment to best practice.
- Working with the Procurement Leadership Team develop, implement, maintain, and continuously improve a gateway sourcing process to standardise, streamline and embed procurement governance across the function.
- Support/assist the drive towards accreditation of the function via the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- Support the Procurement Leadership Team with internal and external audit matters and investigations. Be responsible for closure of assigned actions in a robust, confidential and timely manner.
- Be part of the ‘go to’ team for queries, guidance and advice on the Governance Framework (policies, processes, guidance, tools, governance).
- Assist with the planning and support the delivery of training and coaching as required.
- Collate and analyse governance related data to track any non-compliances or trends (positive and negative) then determine and implement action accordingly.
- Implement and support business initiatives as required (e.g. SRM, CSR, Anti-Bribery, Ethics, Fraud etc.). Working with internal colleagues and external advisors.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Global Procurement Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
- Plan, implement and own a communications strategy for the function including intranet, external website, newsletters, articles, SharePoint sites, Procurement Knowledge Bank etc.
- The nature of this role will require the individual to deal with a wide scope of contacts at different levels of seniority within the organisation and with global Stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of project activities. In addition, the individual will need to deal with contacts external to the organisation such as suppliers, The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply and Consultants. Key business partner relationships will include those with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Risk and Audit.
Travel Requirements: Yes
- Role may involve occasional travel to other company facilities involved in opportunities to ensure that projects are delivered on-time.
- Experience or awareness of project management in the medical device industry (or other regulated industry) with knowledge and experience in procurement, operations, manufacturing, supply chain or research & development
- Strong relationship management skills and interpersonal skills to interface at all levels
- Proven track record of working under own initiative with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results
- Excellent IT skills in office 365; Word (including creating forms), Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Outlook
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent document formatting skills and a creative flair in document presentation.
- Knowledge, experience and interest in procurement including tender processes, contract management and different forms of contracts and commercial models.
- Professional experience, ideally with demonstrated knowledge and experience in procurement process and governance best practice.
- Project Management certification from a recognised certified body such as:
- APMP/ APM PQ (practitioner qualification)
- APM RPP (registered project professional)
- PRINCE2 practitioner
- PMP (certified project management professional)
- CMI diploma in project management
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification (or higher)
- Some exposure or use of SAP
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint, MS PowerPoint
- Experience of working within a regulated industry (Medical device, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Nuclear, automotive etc.)
- Experience of working in diverse cultures
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Communication capabilities to all levels within the organisation
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices
- Openness to change and transformation
- Able to challenge constructively
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organisational effectiveness
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the Procurement function and organisation
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Must be able to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people, influencing them to achieve goals in a timely manner to help drive business results. Must demonstrate and apply analytical as well as strategic thinking skills, support teamwork, show exceptional judgment, collaboration, decision-making, and can work independently.
The working conditions are for an office based worker, working on a computer. The position will have access to controlled environment manufacturing facility, which produces medical devices and products. Use of proper safety equipment is required, including but not limited to safety glasses and safety shoes.
This is primarily a staff position, but flexibility in scheduling (including off shift, weekend and holiday work) and the ability to set priorities is required to meet the needs of the business in a global manufacturing operation.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Additionally, this job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Our ambitions will bring the very best out in you. You’ll be pushed to aim higher and really own your work. You’ll be encouraged and supported to make things happen, too. It can be challenging. But, as the progress you make will help improve the lives of millions, it’ll be worth it.
This is stepping up to a challenge.
This is work that’ll move you.
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
If you are an active employee at ConvaTec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "ConvaTec Internal Career Site - Find Jobs". Thank you!