Full and part-time positions available
Are you looking for a rewarding career? As a support worker in our community setting, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference for yourself and the people you support. We have lots of opportunities for personal development and career progression through our training and development programmes.
Rate: £10.40 per hour (£21,200 per annum)
Free mobile phone
Free DBS check
As part of our highly-trained team you will work with people to enable them to live happy lives, while promoting their independence. We're looking for those who are either experienced in the care sector as a support worker / carer or those who have the right values for the role.
You will assist people with daily living, from personal care to meeting with friends and family, accessing the local community, budgeting, medications and daily household tasks.
Here's some of the highlights of working at Specialist Care Team . . .
• We pay more – We believe in paying a fair price for an outstanding job from our team members. Our rates start at £10.00 per hour for our community drivers, and they increase if you take on extra responsibilities – we are also recruiting for Field Care Supervisors.
• Flexible working – Whether you have regular driving lessons, play badminton on a Thursday night or need to look after a family member, we understand you may have commitments elsewhere and will always aim to have a flexible approach to your availability
• Guaranteed contract hours – We don't believe in offering 'zero hour' contracts as standard – all of our team members have a guaranteed number of hours each week, which can range anywhere from 8-40 hours depending on whether you want to work part- or full-time.
• Going the extra mile – If you need to travel during work, no matter if it's the bus or using your own vehicle we will reimburse your travel costs (we pay 40p per mile when using your car)
• Investing in you – You need the best tools to carry out a high level of care, and that's why you'll be fully-trained by our in-house team and members of our community team are given a work mobile phone so you can perform to the best of your ability
What we need from you:
Everyone working in social care needs a good standard of English, as well as numeracy and digital skills. You will need to enjoy working in a team and you need to be good at problem solving.
Additional skills required to be join our team include:
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today.