At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Title: Staff Product Development Engineer / Material Scientist
**Interviews for this role are likely to take place in early January 2021**
This role is key to the early phase development of the next generation of automotive tubing and fabric products. We are seeking an innovative Staff Product Development Engineer with drive and a passion for innovation. You will be capable of engaging/leading technology projects, product development whilst addressing and presenting existing, modified, and new product solutions
- Coordinate new tubing material projects from a technical and engineering aspect.
- Innovative ideas/approaches. Working closely with sales and marketing to understand market needs/requirements
- Drive product development projects, organising experiments (DOE), trials, testing and collating data.
- Develop new concepts/materials with quality cost and manufacturability in mind.
- Research the latest in polymer advancements/technology and processing techniques and integrate within new material development
- Support new product roadmap implementation.
- Support the completion of all project documentation, including but not limited to DFMEA, PFMEA, product drawings, IMDS/REACH declarations.
- Work across BU’s to ensure successful deployment of new products.
- Work closely with sales and marketing, Project Managers and Operations to ensure project goals are met.
- Deliver technical reviews and updates to all stakeholders on progress and future activities.
What your background should look like:
- Batchelor’s Degree, in Materials Science, or Masters/PHD Engineering or Physical Science
- Expertise in formulation chemistry, compounding, working with high-performance polymers and heat shrink products
- Proven track record of working and delivering NPD projects
- A practical hands-on approach to development and testing on new product concepts.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels
- Drive to succeed with a can do attitude.
- Experienced in technical report writing including procedures.
- Experience in the operation of polymer processing equipment small and larger scale.
- Knowledgeable in creating new product documentation, including but not limited to DFMEA, PFMEA, and specification creation.
- Excellent computer literacy
- A strong interest and aptitude for scientific research and polymeric materials technology.
- Focused on time to market and product cost to ensure these are robustly met.
- Excellent collaboration skills and be able to work cross-functionally and across business units
TE Connectivity is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Competencies Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups
SWINDON, SWD, GB, SN3 5HH
25% to 50%
Engineering & Technology
Scientific, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Developer, Engineering, Technology, Automotive