Position Description CGI has a need for an experienced Jr. Software Developer (Java and/or .NET) to join our team in Southern California (as well as, Belton, TX). This is an exciting full-time opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment on technology systems. We take an innovative approach to supporting our clients working side-by-side in a collaborative environment modernizing existing technology.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization with $10 billion+ in annual revenues
• 70,000 employees in 40 countries
We're offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities The Jr. Software Developer (Java and/or .NET) supports configuration management, custom development, and maintenance and operations services. In addition to doing custom development, this individual will support in the integration of code received from offsite developers with the existing code base, migration of software between various environments, and software version control.
The Jr. Software Developer (Java and/or .NET) will need to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously and be able to coordinate with colleagues and report risk and escalate as appropriate. The junior programmer analyst should be able to assimilate into the team and learn the company's software development methodologies within the team.
Responsibilities will include:
• Design, code, and debug applications in various software languages
• Conduct software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis
• Create front-end graphical user interface design;
• Test software for quality assurance;
• Maintain and troubleshoot web application problems and resolve issues;
• Lead in the planning, coordination, and development of web, custom, and small applications;
• Act as point of contact for configuration management services
• Manage the migration of software between environments
• Lead the installation patches and fix packs, including code version tracking, code merge, compile, and build
• Manage/coordinate application support activities between our team and OEM vendors
• Manage software version control in all environments
• Lead the delivery of code patches from offsite developers, and integrate with existing code
• Manage and communicate software delivery schedules
• Lead troubleshooting efforts of issues with the implementation of the solution
• Lead/manage environment refreshes to support testing efforts
• Lead in the development of the Configuration Management procedures, maintain Change Request records and maintain the Configuration Management Plan
• Lead the coordination of technical training and knowledge transfer
• Exhibit expertise in the applications and tools utilized
• Create and contribute to technical documentation
• Document all custom coding and application configuration settings
• Analyze, design, and develop modifications from specification documents
• Provide timely status to management and escalate issues as appropriate
Required qualifications to be successful in this role • At least 3 years exhibiting expertise with Java and/or .NET programming language and Object-Oriented development
• Expertise with Linux/Unix/Windows environments
• Familiarity with application server technology like IBM WebSphere, JBoss or similar
• Familiarity with databases (Oracle 11g/12c, SQL Server 2008/2012/2016, MySQL)
Expertise with any of the following applications and tools:
• SAP Business Objects
• IBM COGNOS
Shell scripting (bsh, ksh, Python, etc)
• Version Control tools (GIT, Subversion, etc)
• Accela Land Management
• TIBCO ESB
• Oracle Work and Asset Management System
• enQuesta Customer Information System
• Databases (Oracle 11g/12c, SQL Server 2008/2012/2016)
• Experience working in an Agile or DevOps environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and mentor team members
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.