In this role you will support the Tax Manager – Indirect in activities related to ensuring indirect tax compliance of the group operating entities in the UK and other EMEA jurisdictions.
- Support Tax Manager – Indirect in ensuring indirect tax compliance of the group operating entities in the UK and EMEA and in maintaining tax controls, handling tax audits and providing value added advice to the operating businesses.
- Maintain detailed knowledge and, where Tax team owns delivery, detailed documentation of the indirect tax reporting and associated processes (e.g. invoicing) across UK and EMEA.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of the systems generating and recording indirect tax sensitive data and documents, develop and maintain relationships with the relevant business unit system and finance/back office teams.
- Assist Tax Manager – Indirect in delivering training or other support to ensure the group remains compliant with all indirect tax obligations in the UK and EMEA.
- Assist Tax Manager – Indirect in delivering advice on indirect tax treatment of existing and new transactions, system and process changes and improvements affecting indirect tax reporting additionally support on VAT audits.
- Assist Tax Manager – Indirect in ensuring compliance with the tax control framework.
- Supporting on MTD
- Prepare or review monthly/quarterly VAT and other Indirect tax compliance filings such as CCL, IPT in the UK and EMEA.
- Working closely with business operations such as contracts, finance and AP team to raise indirect tax issues and awareness, improve process control, working closely with tax colleagues and the business.
- Broad technical tax understanding and experience of the UK and EU indirect tax regimes and technical knowledge of VAT including VAT group issues
- Understanding and practical experience of dealing with multiple subledger systems (e.g. customer billing and energy trading, SAP, Onesource,) and their interaction with financial accounting systems
- Practical experience of handling indirect tax compliance processes from invoicing/settlements to preparation of the returns and accounting for indirect taxes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills enabling efficient interaction with Finance and other stakeholders (internal and external) and effective collaboration within and outside the Tax team
- Proven ability to take initiative/ownership of the issue and to achieve results under pressure and with imperfect/incomplete information
- Experience in researching tax technical issues with minimum direction
- Knowledge of MTD Implementations would be highly advantageous
Education and Certifications
- A tax qualification and/or tax work experience in practice or in-house is desirable. By exception, an accounting qualification and/or relevant tax technical or reporting experience can be considered.
Values and Behaviours
- Drives results in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Thrives within uncertainty, takes decisive action and learns from mistakes.
- Always strives to do better for our customers.
- Curious and actively challenges the status quo to deliver better outcomes.
- Brings energy to what they do and collaborates for the right result.
- Open mindset, hungry for new challenges to meet business needs and develop professionally