Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Study Group works with leading universities across the UK (https://corporate.studygroup.com/higher-education-pathways/united-kingdom) , Europe (https://corporate.studygroup.com/higher-education-pathways) , North America (https://corporate.studygroup.com/higher-education-pathways/north-america) and Australasia (https://corporate.studygroup.com/higher-education-pathways/australia) . We nurture ambitious students from diverse academic backgrounds and prepare them for success at their chosen university through our on-campus International Study Centres.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in the Durham University International Study Centre as a Student and Centre Administrator. In this fast-paced and varied job role, you will work face to face with our students and the wider team on a variety of different administration tasks.
You?ll be working across several different bespoke systems so interest and ability in this area are important, as well as strong communication skills and a desire to support students. If joining in this role, you?ll be part of a large team that is friendly, innovative, and social. This centre is a unique international environment, based in the beautiful Queens Campus located next to the river, that?s full of energy, opportunity, and enthusiasm.
- The Student & Centre Administrator is a key role within the Student Experience Team, and you will support both students and the day to day running of the centre.
- You?ll provide general administrative duties for staff and students and support with HR and financial administration.
- You will update and maintain the central staff record and provide support with health and safety and facilities management.
- You will assist with the planning and implementation of induction and other events,
- You?ll assist with activities in relation to visa and compliance requirements,
- You will provide support on the Student Support Helpdesk and support the wider team as required.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office administration environment (Essential)
- Experience of working with staff and students in an education environment (Desirable)
- Knowledge of data protection regulations (Essential)
- Experience working in customer service with strong communication skills. (Essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular, Word and Excel skills (Essential)
- Knowledge of Further and Higher Education Courses/Structures (Desirable)
- Knowledge of student database systems (Desirable)
- Competitive salaries
- A 25-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We adopt a rolling recruitment process meaning that we review applications as they are submitted. To avoid disappointment, please ensure that you apply asap.