Apply for this jobWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about setting new standards in physical implementation? Are you interested in working for one of the most successful IP design companies in the world? Do you want to take part in designing the next groundbreaking GPU?
This is a rare opportunity for you to become a part of the Arm GPU group. The GPU group is at the forefront of advanced GPU IP products for the consumer, wireless and automotive infotainment markets. You will join an international team of hardworking engineers working together to remain on the state of the art of IP and SoC development techniques. This successful team has been central to the development of recent graphics processors.
In this role your directive will be to influence RTL development whilst innovating, crafting and deploying the latest implementation techniques on live projects. You will provide the quality support that our customers desire and collaborate with them to develop the best products that help influence the world, and you will have the opportunity to drive EDA vendors on leading-edge processes (eg. 7nm FinFET) whilst pushing the boundaries of power efficiency and influencing physical library development.
A wide range of learning opportunities and challenges will be available. You will also be given the opportunity, if desired, to travel and work with our other teams.
This opportunity is based in Cambridge (UK)
* Physical implementation of Arm graphics processors using the entire implementation flow from RTL through place and route to STA * Pursuing complex challenges like low power and methodologies for improving the efficiency of implementation * Flow development and maintenance which is key to project delivery * To understand, plan and address the life-cycle phases of engineering projects * Working with the sales and marketing teams to support the launch of new products * Supporting our customers and enable them to be successful in the world * Collaborating with EDA vendors to improve the best in class results from our processors whilst focussing on the ideal user experience
You hold a university degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
* Basic understanding of hardware development and tooling * An attention to details and tenacity to chase down problems, document and present a solution * Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills * Good analytical skills along with the ability for creative thinking * Ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team * A professional and enthusiastic approach to work * Passion and curiosity to grow your expertise
* Basic working knowledge of the entire IC design flow * Knowledge of hardware description languages (eg. Verilog or System Verilog) * You are proficient in scripting languages such as Tcl, Python and Perl * Knowledge of Arm based SoCs
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances. * Take risks in support of Arm's progress. * Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure. * Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there. * Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you. * Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it. * Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic. * Seek and embrace differences. * Encourage curiosity and challenge. * Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.