We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s technology is the foundational intelligence in over 100 billion silicon chips and is fundamental to enabling dynamic new markets including Hyperscale Computing, Virtual Reality, Autonomous Vehicles. It is at the heart of hot technology areas such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, to name but a few - but is very cool!
Are you the one that always has a plan? Do your friends look to you to rally everyone towards a common goal? Do you always have a checklist? Perhaps you planned and executed that last big event at college?
If you thought yes to any of these questions, you may be in luck!
Several Arm groups are searching for a Graduate Project Manager to join their Project Management teams.
Effective project management is central to successful delivery within Arm. The key purpose of the Project Management Graduate role is to support the team of project managers and in return you will have the opportunity to learn from an immensely experienced community. As a Project Manager at Arm, you will ensure good quality and timely delivery of products that form the basis of a huge number of pervasive digital electronics products, including but not limited to your mobile phone. You will work with and share practical knowledge from multiple highly skilled Project Managers delivering products across multiple company locations and time-zones.
* The successful candidate will be a great teammate and have an ability to network, multi-task, plan and communicate effectively to get results. * We're looking for a positive, can-do character, be robust and keen to accept new challenges. * Our ideal candidate is someone who can see through the detail, address the real issues and get things done. * Ideally you will be able to demonstrate a love of technology and a desire to develop a career in project management. Previous experience of leading projects is not a must.
We value our graduates and take every effort to help you move closer to your career goals. During this assignment, you will gain valuable skills in communication, project management fundamentals and a deeper understanding of how things really get done in a world-class technology company. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with professionals in various roles.
This role will be based at Arm’s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, UK, at its largest engineering centre, giving the chance to be surrounded by world-leading authorities and work with some of the very best people anywhere.
Education & Qualifications
A university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or Project Management background is desired, although other degrees would be considered if there is applicable experience.
* Assist project managers with project activities, for example stakeholder-management, risk analysis, scoping, planning, controlling projects and status reporting. * Aid project management with provision of monthly metrics & trends, to be used for information-led decisions to drive our performance and efficiency * Work closely with the Project Management Office to improve project management reports and processes and to be involved in and ultimately lead change initiatives that mature the way Arm delivers projects * Facilitate projects with compliance to the organisation’s identified health-check criteria
Required Skills & Experience
* Excellent networking and interpersonal skills * Highly organised and reliable, shown either during university or in personal life * Thorough, with excellent attention to detail * Problem solving and analytical thinking skills * Active listener, able to interpret and play back business partner requirements * Highly engaged and able to work individually and as part of a team
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Technical background, either through formal training or as hobbyist * An understanding of hardware / software design * Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence would be a bonus * Familiarity with project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
About Central Engineering Open Source Software Group
Our CE Open Source Software team contributes to some of the most ground-breaking global software development communities, across all layers of the software stack from the lowest levels of firmware to higher level projects that are rethinking the application of software technology for entire industries. The group provides Reference Data Platforms across a variety of market segments (Infrastructure, Mobile, Internet of Things, Autonomous) to help our partners build excellent systems quickly. CE-OSS contributes to the key open source software projects such as the Linux Kernel, Trusted Firmware and the Android Open Source Project to ensure that Arm systems are enabled and performant in the eco-system.
Essential Skills & Experience
* Excellent networking and interpersonal skills. * Highly organised, proven either during university or in personal life. * Diligent with great attention to detail.
* Problem solving, and analytical thinking. * Active listener, able to interpret and play back stakeholder requirements. * Highly driven and able to work individually and as part of a team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Technical background, either through formal training or as hobbyist * An understanding of hardware / software design * Experience with tools such as Excel, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint would be a bonus * Familiarity with project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
The CE-Systems Group develops products and provides services across a range of diverse engineering functions including hardware, proprietary software, and validation. The group generates products such as CoreLink™ Memory Systems and Controllers, CoresSight™ Debug and Trace, and provides Reference Data Platforms across a variety of market segments (Infrastructure, Mobile, Internet of Things) to help our partners build great systems quickly.
Our Core Beliefs lie at the heart of Arm and represent the essence of our organization. When combined and working together, they articulate the uniqueness of Arm culture:
Passion for Progress Innovation that enables our ecosystems, Arm and our people to thrive.
* Work with pace and judgment. Adapt to circumstances. * Take risks in support of Arm's progress. * Be accountable for the decisions you make. Learn from failure. * Pursue innovation relentlessly.
We, Not I Collaboration first, egos last.
* Start with long-term value to customers and partners, and work back from there. * Collaborate, decide, commit, and bring people with you. * Make the most of all the skills and knowledge across Arm; share information with those who need it. * Care about the people around you.
Be your Brilliant Self Skillful individuality, performance and fulfilment.
* Be authentic. * Seek and embrace differences. * Encourage curiosity and challenge. * Give people trust and autonomy; show people they can trust you to do brilliant work in pursuit of Arm's goals.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.