Java Software Engineer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
· Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
· Experience Java development experience with J2EE, Spring or similar frameworks
· Experience designing warehouses/data marts and associated ETL/reporting solutions
· Experience with Database modelling and design
· Experience with Linux shell scripting
· Good understanding of data structures, algorithms & multi-threaded programming
· Experience in building reusable services
· Proven track record in application delivery
Desirable(but not essential):
· Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance STP platforms
· Messaging such as MQ
· Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins)
· Test Driven Development (e.g. Fitnesse / JUnit)
· Batch scheduling systems (e.g. Control-M, Autosys)
· Prior experience in the financial industry
· Bright and enthusiastic, self-starter
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Outstanding presentation skills
· Open minded with an ability to work in a team environment
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an equal opportunity employer.