Location Slough, Berkshire · Salary £ 25000 - £ 25900 / Year · Category Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Skilled · Job type Contractor · Industry Industrial and Manufacturing · External Reference JN-072019-78227
Engineer to Order (ETO) wet and aerospace seals - build, test, bench and service activities. Gas Seal aftermarket strip and inspect area - booking in seals, seal inspections and inspection reports activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· ETO area - Build and test seals plus associated W.I.P. functions i.e.; pin fit, gluing and band fitting etc.
· Wrap and pack built seals, create outbound documentation, labels, deliver seals to dispatch.
· Inspect returned customer seals and create detailed quotation/report.
· Generate service orders and liaise/update customers
· Gas Seal Aftermarket Strip & Inspect area - Booking in of seals onto database, seal inspections, creation of inspection reports.
· Support Continuous Improvement activities within the area.
· 5S weekly audits and actions
· Ensure all company Health and Safety standards are complied with at all times.
· Attend relevant production review meetings and update order books
· PC and data recording activities including Test certificates, SAP zapping and quality notifications etc.
· Support Gas Seal assembly area when required
Required Skills and Experience
· We ideally require candidates to be apprenticeship trained with relevant qualifications (for example craft apprentice, BTEC Level 3, NVQ level 3 or City & Guilds equivalent)
· Assembly / Test experience of Wet and/or Gas Seals
· Ability to read technical drawings
· Good IT Skills - SAP, MS office
· Good understanding of CI and associated tools
· High level of drive and willingness to learn new skills
· Good communication skills - internal/external customers
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy