Want to make money on the side, on top of your normal job? Want to make your own hours? Want to give the Private sector a go?
In 2019, we understand that some people don’t just want 1 job or 1 source of income. We understand that some people want the flexibility to work the hours they want.
Our Bank/Casual roles offer all of this, along with weekly pay and a full induction when you start.
Kneesworth House offers purpose built services with medium secure, low secure, and both locked and open rehabilitation opportunities.
The wide range of care settings maximises the opportunity for patients to have step down pathways and move easily between care settings to whatever level of security is most appropriate for their care. In addition to ward-based living and activity areas there is patient engagement opportunity in varied occupational therapy facilities. Patients here report high levels of satisfaction. Four residential houses afford a clear step down pathway for patient
A critical member of the Ward team, supporting and assisting Registered Nurses in the assessment, planning and implementation of patient care. Delivering care to the patient as prescribed by the individual care plans and liaising with family members as appropriate.
Knowledge/ Education/ Skills:
- Assists qualified staff with the assessment and implementation of individual patient care plans undertaking routine tasks and activities as directed to facilitate the wellbeing, dignity and treatment of all patients.
- Provides practical support and responsive care to patients who require assistance with intimate personal needs such as dressing, bathing and toileting activities ensuring that such activities comply with procedures and the relevant healthcare legislation.
- Observes and monitors the wellbeing of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to senior staff/the primary nurse and documented as appropriate.
- Provide specific interventions with patients as delegated by a Registered Nurse, and following training and competency attainment. Such interventions include Observation and Engagement with Patients, escorting patients on leave, and being involved in de-escalation and management of violence and aggression.
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Participate in regular ward meetings and attend other meetings as requested.
- To assist in the maintenance of stock levels, including pharmaceutical products.
- To assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness and tidiness and adhere to infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Develops and maintains a good professional relationship with patients, colleagues and visitors responding promptly and courteously to requests and enquiries.
- Help promote and maintain an environment conducive to meeting the needs of the patient / relatives and carers.
- Ensure service users are gaining a quality service that is value for their money.
- To receive and convey information from telephone or personal enquiries in a courteous manner and ensure all persons visiting the ward are greeted and assisted in a welcoming and supportive manner.
- Educated to a minimum NVQ 1 or GCSE’s in Mathematics and English.
- Understands the need for strict confidentiality
- Basic IT literacy
About our benefits
- Free meals while on duty
- Free car parking (at most sites)
- Weekly pay in arrears