Patient Catering Assistant (Healthcare)
- 16,391 P.A. ?
- The City
- Maintains a safe and secure environment by ensuring high cleaning standards. Responsible for keeping all cleaning equipment and stores in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensures the kitchen is maintained, i.e. stock rotation, recording fridge temperatures, defrosting fridge/freezers etc.
- Prepares food such as vegetables for the cook or chef as required
- Loads meals onto trolleys in readiness for wards and other parts of the hospital
- Ensures all meals are delivered to necessary wards in a timely manner and in compliance with Trust regulations.
- Hygiene is a priority, ensuring that all tables and work surfaces are clear & clean
- Ensures rubbish is regularly removed from areas and in the correct waste streams
- Maintains vigilance for pests & reports any non-conformance to the Manager
- Ensures all food is stored safely and at the correct legal temperatures.
- Ensures all equipment is washed correctly and where permitted with the use of a dishwasher
- Promptly and accurately completes due diligence and other food safety documentation.
- Undertakes cleaning duties including floors, wall surfaces and equipment adhering to COSHH guidelines.
- Reports any safety deficiencies, incidents, near misses, ill health and environmental incidents to their manager.
- Ensures company safety arrangements and procedures are followed always. Brings any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided to the attention of the Manager
- Complies with standards as set up in the company procedures and through training delivered.
- Undertakes additional duties as required by their supervisor in line with capabilities.
- Communicates effectively with all the teams to ensure there is a seamless way of working across the contract.
- Brings to life the Mitie values daily and demonstrates the exceptional everyday.