Salary: £25,000 per annum
Start date: ASAP
Contract type: Permanent, Full Time
Study Group is looking for a Welfare Officer responsible for providing all day to day welfare support services for students of all ages of the Greenwich campus, including those still studying off shore and in private accommodation in the UK on all levels including Bellerbys and Higher Education programmes. This position will be based at Bounty House servicing 3 separate brands.
The ideal candidate will speak Mandarin and use language skills for translation as required.
- Support students to transition and settle into their life studying at Greenwich (including those studying online from off shore at all levels), enjoy their experience and achieve their best results with translation service to students, agents and parents as required.
- The role liaises and works effectively with all internal departments and external partners ensuring that the students are successful, safe, well supported, motivated, well and happy.
- To actively participate in both student inductions and support and/or facilitate workshops and/or assemblies to ensure students are well settled, making positive relationships, demonstrating the skills of being able to live independently in preparation for their studies, University and life beyond
- Maximise the student satisfaction of their experience, seeking and acting upon the “student voice”
- Provide necessary services and assistance for visiting agents, parents and potential students
- To complete records, reports and use procedures and systems effectively
- To monitor student behaviour (positive and negative), assist with managing situations, intervention and support as well as rewards and sanctions, offering solutions as required.
- Provide support off site to students in appointments, interviews and travelling as required
- Measure effectiveness of interventions and services
- To be trained in relief House Parent duties including overnight sleeping shifts
- Deal with enquiries from agents and parents about forthcoming and existing student issues
- Be an active member of the weekly MDT (Multi-Disciplinary Team) meetings
- To undertake any other reasonable duty as requested.
- Proven experience in translation services
- Proven experience of working with young people (desirable for this to be in an educational or young persons support services setting)
- Proven experience working within Higher Education
- Proven experience in a support related role
- Mandarin and English proficiency
- Deep understanding of British & Chinese Culture and Education Systems
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent IT skills; proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, other applications, using social media and preferably design packages
- Good analytical skills
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday pro rata
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
This is a rolling recruitment process so please apply asap to avoid disappointment.
Powered by JazzHR