|Salary:||40000.00 - 65000.00 per year|
We are looking for enthusiastic Software Developers to join our technology team at different levels. We are ideally looking for Mid-weight developers but we will be open to applications at other levels. Reporting directly to the Head of Development, you will share ideas, challenge the status quo and use your initiative.
Citywire is a UK-based leading global provider of independent intelligence and insight about asset management. Some of the main areas of our business are media (publishing), events and marketing/content production services. Although we are a small-medium company, we have a global reach, with offices in London, Munich, Milan, Singapore, and New York. Our Tech teamhas grown rapidly over the past few years and it's a crucial part of our business which will continue to grow every year. it's for this reason that we’re looking for a self-motivated individual, collaborative and with a good eye for detail.
As well as our public websites, we build many of our internal applications in-house; such as our events platform, CMS, email and magazine circulation management tool, audience engagement analytics platform, investment management and analysis tools.
Although we mostly use Microsoft tools you will also be exposed to a broad range of technologies; we have recently successfully put into production systems built with Couchbase, Hadoop, Elasticsearch and AWS to name a few.
- Play a key part in designing, building and delivering systems that help grow the business
- Work as part of an agile development team to build and maintain web applications, APIs and services,
- Write quality, scalable and reliable code, following SOLID principles and best practices
- Explore new technologies and tools to help shape and advance the Technology team,
- Contributing to establishing requirements with other project stakeholders.
Job specific skills / technical skills / post holder profile
- C# & ASP.NET MVC
- MS SQL Server
- Experience with web technologies
- Computer Sciences Degree - 2:1 and above or equivalent experience.
- NoSQL platforms.
- Agile development practises.
- CI tools such as TeamCity or Octopus Deploy.
- Cloud technologies, such as AWS
- At least 1-2 years’ experience or equivalent in a similar role within a commercial environment.
- Self-motivated individual who is collaborative and with a good eye for detail.
Citywire will offer you*:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays,
- Competitive private pension scheme,
- 10% Time, every other Friday working on any project that you feel will advance you or the business,
- Well-being: access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7,
- Buddy-team lunches: you will be introduced to Citywire by one of our members of the team and will take you out for lunch during your first 6 months with us. It's all on us!
- Subsidised gym options. We will help with your monthly costs.
- Country walks: enjoy a day outdoors every summer with different members of Citywire. A great time to enjoy the good weather and engage with colleagues.
- Cycle to work scheme and annual ticket travel card loans.
- Techscheme, which lets staff buy the latest tech through their employer. Employees can spread the cost with payments from their salary across 12, 24 or 36 months and make a National Insurance saving too.
After two years continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this…! We have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
Please do not miss our Youtube channel where we say a lot about us: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMOUK4uLN7yZU8j79l4zcg
* Please note all our benefits are based on a regular office operations situation. Some of them may not be applicable until our return to the office.
Pre-selected applicants will have to undertake 2 psychometrics tests and a Coding test to assess their coding skills.
Interviews will take place via Zoom/Teams
Remote working and flexibility for office/home working in the future is a must for this position.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: