Apply for this jobFueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This position is based in London and will report to the Head of EU Product Legal. To succeed in this challenging role, candidates should be self-motivated, independent and well-organised with excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. Candidates should have an interest in innovative products and the ability to provide creative and efficient legal advice.
Senior Counsel, Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice to PayPal Europe's product and business teams with a particular focus on the UK.
The primary responsibilities are:
- Providing clear, timely and actionable legal advice to cross-functional stakeholders on products and features being developed for and launched in the UK and the EU
- Acting as a trusted advisor to product, management and business teams (including senior management) on legal issues impacting PayPal's products and features
- Advising on, identifying opportunities from, and driving regulatory product change, particularly in the context of Brexit, as well as cross-border, complex product legal matters in response to legislative and policy developments in the UK and the EU
- Responsibility for updating PayPal's terms and conditions in the UK market particularly in regards to new products and regulation
- Maintaining and creating repeatable, efficient legal advice processes
- Identifying productivity improvements and helping to drive and direct process changes to ensure continuing efficiency
- Providing training on relevant topics
- Helping to manage legal budget and cost controls where required.
- Admitted as a solicitor with min 6 years' post-admission experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel
- Expertise in UK banking, payments or financial services regulations
- Ability to identify relevant business and legal issues proactively, evaluate the risks and find creative solutions particularly to novel situations
- A strong communicator who is able to explain complex legal concepts and requirements to a range of audiences
- Ability to take ownership of matters, knowing when to take decisions and when to escalate
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and matrixed organisation
- Creative problem solver who remains calm under pressure and who can effectively prioritise
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team player, adept at working with cross-functional teams
- Organized, with a keen attention for detail and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work with colleagues in Europe, the United States and Asia and on occasion accommodate calls and deadlines aligned to their time zones
- Fluent English required, and other European languages may be useful
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job