We are currently looking to hire a Line underwriter in our Professional Indemnity team reporting to the Underwriting Manager, Large Account Professional Liability
The Underwriter will work within the existing underwriting team structure supporting Underwriting Manager and Senior Professional Liability Underwriter in servicing existing clients and generating new business in order to meet line of business income and profitability objectives. To maintain and develop new and current broker relationships and support team in providing timely and accurate MI reporting to senior management as required.
• Work closely with Underwriting Manager in delivering on Line of Business income and ROC profitability targets
• Determines the desirability of accepting or rejecting business risks. Prices exposures in accordance with filed and approved rate levels, discretionary pricing mechanisms, and business unit guidelines.
• Ensures underwriting and servicing of risks is both timely and accurate adhering to all Arch underwriting / compliance guidelines, service standards and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain ongoing liaison with producers to obtain supplemental underwriting information, evaluate risks, decline risks, analyse and interpret coverage, explain underwriting requirements and expectations, and present terms.
• Regularly interfaces with customers to provide service and to keep abreast of customer issues.
• Servicing of existing and development of new broker relationships
• Support the Underwriting manager and Head of Professional Lines in providing timely and accurate management information for reporting purposes to Senior Arch Management and Ceded Reinsurance team
• Broker and client relationship management
• Technical and analytical skills
• Regulatory & compliance awareness
• Problem solving, negotiation & decision making
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills demonstrating an ability to teach, influence and motivate others
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum 5 years relevant experience in an underwriting position in the London / Lloyd’s Market.
• Demonstrated competence in maintaining broker/client relationships.
University degree and professional certification desired with 5 -10 years of underwriting experience
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: