About Armstrong Watson LLP
As an expanding business with 17 offices at present, Armstrong Watson LLP is a leading independent accountancy firm ranked in the top 30 firms of accountants and business advisers.
With approximately 420 colleagues, our people and our culture are at the heart of what we do. We recognise the unique impact our employees have on not only our clients, but also our colleagues and the communities in which we operate in. Our success is dependent on every colleague behaving consistently across all four of our values: Passion, Trust, Honesty and Humanity.
We have plans for growth, that are not only ambitious but well within our reach. We're going places and are looking for motivated individuals to join our growing team to help us get there.
We are looking to recruit a Corporate Finance Senior Manager to join the team at our Leeds Office. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated person to maximise their career potential within our Corporate Finance team.
The main elements of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Implementing job specific work and requests as briefed and by the required deadlines.
- Ensuring full implementation of all client work projects in like with both AW and FCA expected standards and procedures.
- Working alongside the existing team on a variety of exciting transactions including MBO’s, Acquisitions, Finance Raising, Company Sales and other strategic advice.
- Providing specialist input and direction into projects, formulating and providing advice to clients.
- Planning and prioritising all relevant client work projects and oversee team workload ensuring effective team workflow.
- Establishing scope and agree budget for each piece of client work, obtain sign off from line manager and brief.
- Ensuring full agreement of client for work to be undertaken and communicate likely fees prior to commencement to maximise fee recovery.
- Being at the heart of our business advisory offering as well as supporting the Corporate Finance Partner and interacting with our clients directly.
In order to fulfil the role, we expect you to:
- Be either newly qualified or have up to 3 years PQE.
- Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and have an eye for detail.
- Be motivated and determined to help our clients and provide an exemplary service on all set assignments.
- Be a confident character and keen to develop your career in Corporate Finance.
A background of Accounting, Audit & Assurance, Restructuring or Transaction Services would be acceptable.
In return for your hard work helping us shape our future growth and development; we will provide a competitive salary and a positive benefits package which includes:
- 3.1% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme including Life Cover and Income Protection
- Enhanced Annual Leave which will increase throughout your length of service and option an Annual Leave Purchase Scheme allowing you to buy up to 5 additional days annual leave each year
- Flexible & Smart Working – giving you the ability to balance home-working, office location etc.
- Life Cover of 4x your salary
- Health Shield Cash Plan (provides cash back on a range of Health benefits and discounts on fashion, entertainment, holidays etc)
- Introductory Commission Scheme (financial reward if you refer a new client)
- Employee Assistance Programme (confidential support for emotional wellbeing)
- Employee Referral Scheme (financial reward if you refer new AW colleagues) of up to £2,000
- Detailed and thorough on-the-job training
- Reviews and appraisals with your management team to ensure regular communication and providing you with a platform to enhance your career
In addition to all the benefits you would expect from an award winning employer, you will be given the utmost encouragement and support to develop your career further.
When you’re with us…... we’re with you.