Norgine is a leading European specialist pharmaceutical company that has been bringing transformative medicines to patients for over a century. Our commitment to transforming people’s lives drives everything we do and our European experience, fully integrated infrastructure and exceptional partnership approach enables us to quickly apply creative solutions to bring life-changing medicines to patients that they may not otherwise be able to access. Norgine is proud to have helped 22 million patients around the world in 2019 and generated €419 million in net product sales, a growth of 6% over 2018.
Norgine has a direct presence in 12 European countries, as well as Australia and New Zealand. We also have a strong global network of partnerships in non-Norgine markets. We are a flexible and fully integrated pharmaceutical business, with manufacturing (Hengoed, Wales and Dreux, France), third party supply networks and significant product development capabilities, in addition to our sales and marketing infrastructure. This enables us to acquire, develop and commercialise specialist and innovative products that make a real difference to the lives of patients around the world.
Role: Corporate Development Finance Manager
Managerial span of control
- Team managed: None
- Direct Reports: None
- Full Team size, incl. non-direct reports: None
The Corporate Development Finance Manager is responsible for building complex financial models to help Norgine to make strategic investment decisions on new Business Development opportunities.
- Responsible for partnering with functions from across the business to critically challenge their assumptions and costs.
- Also responsible for Financial Due Diligence on the transacting party
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Modelling and valuation:-
- Develop models to forecast the financial performance of potential in licensing and out licensing opportunities, including contribution to revenue, expenditures and net income: Work with Due Diligence Team, functions and affiliates (as required) to assess the financial impact of prospective acquisitions and products on existing operations and capture costs.
- Develop valuation and pro forma analysis to help determine the financial feasibility of a potential acquisition or divestment.
- Model and develop complex financial structures to meet custom needs of an opportunity.
- Advise management on the assumptions underlying models, and prepare business cases for presentation to various internal stakeholders, including TALC.
- Perform financial due diligence on companies including analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements.
- Partner with business to analyse historic deal performance, and potential lessons learned for future modelling and valuation.
- Perform regular reviews of ongoing business development activities to identify changing financial conditions and report findings.
- Support CBDO and Senior Director, Corporate Development with the development and alignment of the C&BD strategy and evolution of Norgine’s C&BD strategic plan by re-evaluating areas of priority and potential expansion through licensing, acquisition or partnerships based on external/internal landscaping, portfolio need and corporate competency.
KEY COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS:
- TALC (Acquisition and Licensing Committee)
- Chief Business Development Officer (CBDO)
- Director/Manager, Business Development
- Director/Associate Director, Due Diligence & Integration
- Director, Alliance Management
- Associate Director, Due Diligence
- Cross-functional Due Diligence Teams
- Life Sciences Degree or equivalent (Post-graduate business or financial qualification a distinct advantage).
- Solid experience in Business Development, Investment Banking, Management consulting or related (Experience of Pharmaceutical industry beneficial).
- Must possess high level of financial acumen with ability to translate financials elegantly and rapidly into presentation materials.
- Highly numerate with excellent IT skills (Must possess advanced proficiency with Excel).
- Organised and detail oriented. Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills & Process / system driven with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong strategic / critical thinking capabilities.
- The ability to objectively analyse, solve problems and propose solutions in complex situations are essential skills.
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and executive presence.
- Must be a self-starter and flexibility / adaptability in this role is critical.
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information.