Company OverviewRocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We’re a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who is ready for the challenge of producing our next unannounced AAA title.
- Oversee development, organisation and deployment of automated tests and frameworks (across multiple platforms and test frameworks)
- Monitor automated testing metrics, proactively revising test strategy to ensure efficient use of available bandwidth (co-ordinating with Lead Dev Ops and external QA teams)
- Coordinate cross-feature team testing (automated playthroughs, scale testing)
- Support Feature Owners and Code Leads with testing strategy and coverage (including automated testing)
- Oversee integration of automated testing capabilities with existing gameplay systems (undertaken by SDETs)
- Manage automated testing backlog, prioritised according to QA and dev team requirements (co-ordinating with Production to produce schedule)
- Keep bug database up to date (including bug triage, investigation progress, proposed fixes)
- Good understanding and experience with C/C++ and Python.
- Good understanding and experience with visual scripting environments (e.g. UE4 Blueprint).
- Strong understanding of QA testing methodologies.
- A demonstrable enthusiasm for improving software engineering and automated testing processes.
- To be proactive in identifying the weak spots of the development workflows and proposing improvements.
RS2020%Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
- Experience with Unreal Engine & Blueprint an advantage.
- Experience with TeamCity an advantage.
- Experience with Perforce an advantage.
- Experience with JIRA & TestRail an advantage.
- An understanding of developing for the main gaming platforms an advantage.