The kitchen team is looking for a Commis Chef to join its passionate brigade. As a Commis Chef you will be responsible for supporting the team during service, to deliver food which is of the highest quality and in line with our company standards.
The Summer Lodge Country House is set within the enchanting village of Hardy’s Evershot and surrounded by rolling hills, this five star country house hotel epitomises the ultimate in traditional style. Genuine warm service and innovative and delicious menus rival the best in the world. With a relaxing spa, indoor pool, private tennis court and miles of beautiful countryside to explore, this is the quintessential luxurious escape.
Key responsibilities of the Commis Chef will include:
• Assisting with menu development
• Assisting with the day to day running of a section
• Assisting with ordering
• Assisting other sections in the kitchen
• Ensuring that all kitchen stations are kept clean, safe and hygienic at all times
The ideal candidate for the Commis Chef should have:
• Previous experience in a similar role in a 4 or 5 star Hotel or fine dinning restaurant
• Good Health and Safety and Food Hygiene awareness
• Good knowledge of using a wide range of kitchen equipments
• Communicate effectively in English
• Be positive, proactive, reliable and have a flexible attitude
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection Benefits:
• A competitive salary
• Live-in staff accommodation
• Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
• 28 paid holidays per year, including bank holidays (this increases up to a maximum of 33 days)
• Hotel based incentive schemes
• Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
• Staff Appreciation Annual Party and other Employee Recognition Events
• Voluntary benefits including Season ticket loan, free English lessons, Employee Assistance Programme and salary exchange schemes, such as the cycle-to work scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection is a family owned hotel business renowned for providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career, family feel and job security within the hospitality industry. We truly recognise that only through our people can we provide service to our guests, which is personal, memorable, imaginative and friendly.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and has been recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first hospitality company to gain this award on a worldwide basis and retain it for ten years. We were also the first hotel collection to be awarded a Princess Royal Training Award. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential!
If this sounds like the Commis Chef role for you, then please apply today!
We electronically scan and store a copy of your passport and/or ID card to gain a clear indication of the authenticity of the document and establish the ‘Right to Work’ in the UK