Having trouble applying through the link? Please submit your CV/resume over firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title and location in your email.
Everyday people are working to make us safe – behind those people is Ultra!
Reporting to the Assembly Team Leader, we are looking to recruit Wirer Fitter in the assembly department. This is a 6 months fixed term contract, which has potential to go permanent. Naturally, you will be self-motivated, flexible with an ability to read and interpret drawings.
As a Wirer Fitter, we need you to assemble and wire electronic control cubicles systems and sub-assemblies to drawings, wiring schedules and circuit diagrams in a timely and professional manner. Refurbish returned equipment and Install and modify equipment on customer’s premises.
Key responsibilities as a Wirer Fitter
• To ensure health and safety legislation and policies are adhered to, to ensure a safe and legally compliant working environment.
• To review job package upon receipt.
• Prioritise build sequence.
• To check drawings prior to commencing build.
• Build job utilising all relevant information e.g. GA’S, Circuit diagrams and wiring schedules.
• Ensure all work is completed to Company standard.
• Recognise and overcome problems of shortage of build materials.
• To undertake the build of first off/prototype equipment and liaise with Engineering to achieve optimum solutions.
• Liaise with Engineering with regards to any design change/rectification.
• Liaise with QHSE department with regards to standards, i.e. IPC610/IPC620.
• Liaise with Supply Chain with regards to component/material problems.
• To work with Test/Engineering to resolve problems as they occur.
• To operate all equipment in a safe and effective manner.
• To create live DRS sheets for the Assembly Team Leader and/or Manufacturing Engineer.
• Demonstrate and adhere to the Ultra ASPIRE values at all times.
• Carry out any other duties as reasonably required by Management.
• To instruct and guide new employees, Apprentices and trainees.
• Assist with the training of Apprentices to achieve the required level of job performance and competency.
Skills required as a Wirer Fitter
• Awareness and understanding of Health and Safety requirements and legislation.
• Experience in a comparable role within a similar industry.
• A proven ability to correctly interpret manufacturing information and carry out related self- inspection tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Knowledge of internal and ISO9001; 2015 Quality Management Systems.
• Knowledge of ISO 14001: 2015 Environmental Management.
• Knowledge of modern manufacturing management techniques.
• The ability to work on own initiative.
• Knowledge of 5S continuous improvement and 7W waste elimination processes.
• Awareness of ESD.
• PC literate in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
• GCSE Grade C/4 Math’s & English or equivalent.
• Apprentice trained.
• Experience of using an ERP system.
• Ability to plumb pipe work etc. for water cooled equipment.
• IPC 610 & 620 qualification.
Specialist training required/Application specific training:
• J – STD – 001 soldering standard.
Any additional requirements/particular aptitude/skill required
• Eligible to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
• Driving license required.
• Travel to alternative locations in the UK and abroad to undertake occasional off-site activities is required.
• Working overtime and unsociable hours as and when required.
What is working at PMES like?
Working at Ultra Electronics PMES is not all about the technical challenge; it’s also about the people and the environment. Based next to Cannock Chase, a former Royal Forest and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, means that we have much opportunity to use the space. The lunch time running club and mountain Biking club make use of this facility, while others stroll in the summer evening. It’s common to find birthday cakes in the canteen, or a charity event taking place to raise money for a local or national charity. If this sounds like the place you would like to work, and you enjoyed trying to solve problems please get in touch.
Applicants will be required to meet SC level of security clearance
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required to join our team then please click apply and upload your CV now.
Here at Ultra we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusivity. Underpinned by our values, behaviours and policies, we want you to feel empowered to be the best version of yourself. We also believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures will increase our diversity of thinking, ensuring we continue to successfully deliver to our customers.
We therefore do not discriminate on the basis of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Please note, once you have completed your application this will be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team. On occasions we may close roles earlier than the advertised closing date based on the quality of applications received. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as you are ready to. We look forward to hearing from you shortly.