We have an exciting opportunity at Holy Cross College for an Information Services Officer to join the team based in Bury. You will join us on a fulltime / full year / permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £29,885 to £30,818per annum plus excellent benefits!
The purpose of our Information Services Officer is to assist the College Information Manager in the management, development and use of the Information Service across the college. The postholder will be required to work 36.25 hours per week, throughout the year.
Key responsibilities of the Information Services Officer:
- To support the College Information Manager in developing and maintaining the in-house MI system and reporting tools.
- To keep abreast of the frequent updates and developments in ESFA, OfS and other statutory body guidance to support the development of the MI system and to enable the timely and accurate completion of statutory returns.
- To take responsibility for your own continued professional development, identifying training needs as appropriate.
- To assist in the development of technical documentation and guidance, including delivery of whole staff or small group training as and when required.
- To take personal and departmental responsibility for adherence to GDPR guidance and principles and to support college staff in other departments to do the same.
- To liaise with other key departments around college, in particular the IT development team, timetabling and the university centre.
- To maintain user accounts and liaise with various information portals e.g. those related to funding bodies, ILR data and performance measures.
- To assist the College Information Manager in the development and delivery of reports to key stakeholders, as requested by the College Leadership Team.
- To oversee the dissemination across college of externally produced reports.
- To assist in the production of accurate and timely funding returns (ILR’s, Higher Education Students Early Statistics (HESES), and other reporting to External Funding Bodies).
Experience and skills required of our Information Services Officer:
- A minimum of 5 GCSE grades 9-4 (A* to C) including English and Maths or equivalent.
- Qualifications at Level 3 (A level, BTEC or equivalent).
- Experience of developing IT based reporting systems.
- Experience of data management, process and control.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, with knowledge of Access.
- Experience of trouble shooting and resolving complex technical issues.
Benefits of becoming our Information Services Officer:
We believe Holy Cross Sixth Form College is a great place to work as we genuinely care about all our staff and want them to be happy working here. In return our staff can expect:
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Option to apply for sabbatical leave
- Family friendly policies
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Individualised induction programmes and excellent opportunities for CPD
- Cycle Hire Scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
- VDU eye sight test vouchers (subject to terms and conditions)
- Various health and wellbeing benefits (including an on-site gym, fitness classes, staff badminton and football)
- Counselling service – face to face counselling as well as access to a confidential telephone counselling service.
The closing date is 10.00 a.m. on Thursday 28th January 2021. Interviews will take on Wednesday 10th February 2021.
For further information and an application form please click ‘apply’ to be re-directed to the College website. Please note: CVs are not accepted.
If you would like to join our team as an Information Services Officer then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Holy Cross College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In this respect all applicants are advised that any offer of appointment will be subject to Enhanced Clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as well as other relevant recruitment checks.