Could you support Crossroads to help our community overcome the challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic?
Hospitals are reaching maximum capacity, however with your support, we can help the NHS to ease the transition from hospital to home, freeing up more hospital space for people who need it.
Crossroads Gloucestershire are delighted to have rewarding full time and part time opportunities to work flexibly and choose from a variety of working hours to suit your lifestyle.
We are recruiting candidates to join our skilled team in Coleford.
If you want a career that makes a real difference to those in our community, we would love to hear from you.
No previous experience is required, as a fully paid induction will be given.
A full UK Driving licence is essential for this role as you will be required to travel within your local area.
Crossroads Gloucestershire is a specialist charitable organisation providing practical help, support and opportunities to unpaid carers, people living in social isolation, or with a disability. We have a proud history of delivering quality services and are looking for caring, compassionate people to join our expanding care teams.
Successful candidates will be providing a rewarding service, enhancing quality of life through improving the health and well-being of people accessing our support. Team members are also responsible for empowering vulnerable people to meet unique, bespoke goals and outcomes.
Our charities aim is to provide care for people with support needs, providing them with emotional support, companionship and helping to maintain their independence at home.
Why choose to work for Crossroads Gloucestershire?
· Flexible, family-friendly, approach to working hours
· Competitive rates of pay (starting hourly rates - £9.13 weekdays, £9.25 on weekday evenings, £11.20 weekends, £15.00 bank holidays)
· Contracted full and part-time hours available
· Guaranteed overtime
· Generous mileage allowance
· Career development and progression
· Paid induction and ongoing training
· Commitment to help all staff develop and grow, achieving their full potential
· On-call support
· £30 payment towards vehicle MOT
· Pension scheme
· Your values must align to our own, and you must be motivated to enhance our service users wellbeing and quality of life
· You should understand the principles of respect and dignity – additional training is also provided
· You should have the ability to work independently or as part of a team
· You should possess good communication skills, both written and verbal
· You should be comfortable using basic technology such as a smart phone, additional training will be provided
· You must be working at a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or NVQ level 2 / or equivalent in Health and Social Care), or have a willingness to work towards this level
· Calm, caring and supportive of the needs of vulnerable people.
· Proactive worker
A full job description and person specification is available at www.crossroadsglos.org.uk/jobs, or you can contact the office for an application pack to be sent by post.
Find out how Crossroads Gloucestershire can help you develop or build a successful career in Health and Social Care at www.crossroadsglos.org.uk/training-and-development
More information about Crossroads Gloucestershire, including our unique values and vision for the future, can be found via this link: www.crossroadsglos.org.uk/about-us/about
An enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Appointments will be made subject to successful DBS check and references.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments, we can offer support to complete your application.