A Bit About Us:
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks – making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
About the Mechanical Industrial Door Supervisor role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Supervisory Workshop Industrial Door Engineer to lead our team, covering a defined geographical area. The Engineer must be capable of working on some of the following dock levelers, dock seals, industrial doors, high speed doors, loading houses and general maintenance within warehouses and office spaces.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Mechanical Industrial Door Supervisor:
You will be responsible for supervising a team to ensure that work is carried out to a high standard at all times. Main duties of the role include:
- Following all service check sheets and on completion of service, compile detailed reports for any additional work to be carried out
- Attending site to carry out planned/reactive repairs, on completion of work you will be expected to liaise with the facilities manager on the work carried out and if any further work is required
- Attending to repairs whilst on site within the approved costings/time frame allocated
- Completing detailed reports advising on parts required for repairs
- Working well at height
A few things about our ideal Mechanical Industrial Door Supervisor:
You will be driven to ensure quality, adherence and excellence is continually carried out at all times. You will need to maintain a deep-rooted desire for great customer satisfaction and continually drive the importance of health and safety in everything the facilities department does.
Ideal skills and experience:
- Loading Systems background with Electrical qualifications
- 3 years loading bay experience (required)
- Welding qualifications
- IPAF / PLASMA preferred
- Electrically Competent
- Hydraulic fault finding and repair experience
- Self-motivated and have the ability to show a high standard of workmanship whilst working
- Good communication skills
- Engineer report writing experience
- Valid driving license is required in this role / company van will be provided
In addition to the above, the post-holder will also be required to undertake additional duties in supervising a small team.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran” and “make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity – every day in every action.
Benefits you’ll receive as our Mechanical Industrial Door Supervisor:
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership
Click ‘Apply’ now to join our family and find out more about the Mechanical Industrial Door Supervisor role.