AECOM is currently seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to be based in London, playing a key role as part of our national team of civil engineers who specialise in development infrastructure.
You will be responsible for and undertake the design or elements of design for drainage, highways and connecting infrastructure for a wide variety and scale of developments across all industry sectors
We need someone with a background in highways or drainage with the flexibility to work on both and integrate well within multidisciplinary teams. You will be responsible for the mentoring and support of our more junior engineers whilst you manage your own projects, contribute to larger schemes and have a role in the continuing development of our national team
As well as taking on technical engineering challenges relating to design you will also project manage and drive forward civil engineering infrastructure projects. It is important that you strive to push the boundaries and develop yourself professionally and help ignite new ways of working in our business.
We are looking for candidates that can:
- Understand and play an active part in the project assurance process, taking part in technical / quality / design / safety reviews.
- Provide a client focused service which results in on-going satisfaction and repeat business.
- Build effective relationships within teams, across the organisation.
- Take a proactive approach to developing your own skills and those of others.
- Provide guidance to entry level engineers.
- Assist with project management and fee proposals, to build upon your knowledge to enable you to lead projects with progression.
- Perform specific and moderate portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Work on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Propose approach to solve new problems encountered using modifications of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Identify discrepancies in results.
- Proven record in managing small scale projects and small project teams.
- Has an understanding of forms of contract, procurement routes and construction methods.
- Perform work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Independently perform all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works.
- Site supervision and site presence experience preferred but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, using these to develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues and external clients where required.
- Sound problem solving skills, accountability for assigned work, and solid written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive approach to continuing professional development.
- Knowledge and application of drainage design from first principles, including piped systems, SuDS based systems and familiarity with storage design and computer programs such as MicroDrainage.
- Experience of designing drainage and writing flood risk assessments for development projects.
- An understanding of the corresponding relevant standards and design guidance.
- A blend of experience in some of the following aspects of the design of infrastructure for development projects: road geometry/access, public realm, earthworks, pavements and services.
- Awareness and understanding of BIM and coordinated 3D design and familiarity with computer programs such as Civil 3D and Navisworks.
We are looking for a candidate with significant demonstrable experience in UK development related infrastructure engineering; likely to be from a private/consultancy background.
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering.
- Working towards a professional qualification
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line B&P - Buildings & Places
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 243132BR
Additional Locations UK - Basingstoke
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Apply for this job