Our client delivers high quality projects to national and local government and private sector customers across the UK.
They offer design and construction services to create whole-life, sustainable solutions for building and infrastructure schemes, delivering around £450m of projects annually through our Building, Infrastructure and Building Services businesses.
Our client is working in partnership with Thames Water to deliver their AMP 7 framework consisting of water and wastewater treatment works.
* Creating "accurate" programmes and embedding the appropriate programme behaviours will contribute significantly to success in other areas, including cost and quality.
* Create, maintain, review and administer multiple integrated design and construct manufacturing programmes for projects delivered under the Thames Water Framework.
* Work closely with and guide project teams and suppliers to ensure all activities, logic, risks, internal and external constraints etc are identified when creating programmes.
* Provide accurate and consistent progress information to the team and to Thames Water.
* Analyse programmes to proactively identify time risks and opportunities.
* Ensure a consistent approach is applied to developing delivery programmes in line with Thames Water Programme Management Office (PMO) requirements.
* You will initially work with the Programme Assurance Manager and other subject experts to formulate a detailed and timed Programme Delivery Plan incorporating our client's and Thames Water's specific requirements. The plan will be regularly updated and will provide the basis for performance monitoring.
* Contribute to creating a positive team culture and environment to support improved programme behaviours and wellbeing and performance.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous planning and/or project delivery theoretical and practical experience in a manufacturing or construction environment is essential.
* You must be proficient using planning software including resource management functions.
* Experience using Primavera P6 and linking programmes to digital models is desirable but not essential as we will work with the successful candidate to acquire these skills.
* Experience applying Lean techniques and leading collaborative planning meetings desirable.
* Knowledgeable in the application of technology in engineering practice and digital engineering skills.
* Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
* Can work independently and as part of a diverse team.
* Knowledge of Modern Methods of Construction (MMC), Lean Construction, Agile Programme Management, Production Thinking and other techniques that will assure programme and quality performance in a modern manufacturing environment.
* Excellent communication and engagement skills - ability to bring the whole team on the MMC journey including the client and our supply chain.
* Professional qualification in a construction/manufacturing related subject is desirable.
* SMSTS safety qualification is desirable.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with a range of people.