About your role
Reporting into the Architecture and Development Manager, you will lead a team of 5x Test Analysts as well as performing hands-on software testing. You will hold responsibility for managing the testing of new software solutions within Buzz Bingo, ensuring stability, quality and reliability. To succeed, you’ll need to be a hands-on, motivational leader with a knack for strategic thinking whilst not being afraid to ‘get your hands dirty’. You will be passionate about software testing & quality; never settling for second best and instilling these values within your team.
Your tasks and responsibilities
Your skills and experience
- Roughly 60 – 70% of the role will be management, motivation and development of the test team. The remaining 30 – 40% will consist of hands-on software testing work.
- Ownership of the full testing lifecycle on allocated projects
- Creation and ownership of Test Strategies and Test Plans, ensuring that scope of testing & level of quality is clearly defined
- Risks of change activities are mitigated appropriately by the Testing
- Produce, monitor and update concise test reports & test metrics
- Manage the defect database according to agreed team standards
- Track all defects and issues raised; review defects with project team and business users
- Contribute to and maintain team standards / procedures / best practice
- Test strategy / test plan
- Work closely with stakeholders and business analysts in the generation of requirements
- Work closely with (internal & external) development teams during development phases
- Accurate estimation of testing work (inside and outside areas of domain knowledge) at PRF and CAPEX stages of project initiation
- Contribution to & maintenance of Test Strategy and process improvements within the team
- Accurately plan work for team, working closely with the Program team to minimise resource conflicts.
- Extensive experience of manual software testing
- Previous experience of leading & line managing a team
- Strong coaching & motivational skills
- Experience of test management tools, preferably Microsoft Test Manager
- Experience of managing the full testing lifecycle, including Functional / Integration / System Testing, Manual & Automated Regression Testing and Non Functional & Performance Testing
- Outstanding attention to detail along with a keen analytical ability; able to gather & interpret technical information in order to develop & recommend test strategies and plans
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure without sacrificing quality
- A passion for software testing with a desire to keep learning & developing your skills within the space
The following would be helpful but not essential:
A little bit about us...
- ISEB / ISTQB foundation certificate on software testing
- Understanding of unit testing and the software development life cycle
- Knowledge or experience of test automation
- Experience in development or scripting languages
Joining us means joining our family. We know lots of companies say that, but we really believe it’s true. Our teams in Support Centre and our clubs across the country are smart, energised, and passionate about what they do. We know each person here can make a big difference, so we’ll support your professional goals, give you what you need to thrive, and help you accomplish the right results – whatever your role. We’re dedicated to building Bingo’s Most Exciting Community every single day and making our players feel as much a part of our family as we do.