Vacancy: Customer Quality Engineer - FTC (12 to 18 months)
Johnson Matthey is the global leader in sustainable technologies, applying our cutting-edge science to create solutions with our customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
The automotive market is changing and requires a new approach for our Clean Air Sector to win in this next phase of change. The broad brush strategic direction, to be the ‘kings of diesel’ whilst participating selectively in gasoline, is now being implemented and we have recently announced a new structure for Clean Air which ensures that the roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and decision rights are clear, unambiguous and aligned to our new strategy – a joined-up approach to our customers with great products based on outstanding technology which will mean we lead in diesel, play selectively in gasoline while driving and making a step-change in our efficiency and excellence programmes.
We are currently recruiting for a Customer Quality Engineer. The purpose of the role is to ensure Customer requirements are properly transferred and followed within the organisation and preparation, submission and approval of PPAP documents.
* Capture Supplier, Customer and internal Johnson Matthey specific requirements from official documents and web-portals within Quality management system.
* Ensure that all validated products meet the Customer quality requirements. Participate in and support APQP process in the plant. Prepare and submit on-time PPAP set of documents according Customer requirements. To get Customers approval for the submitted PPAP documents.
* Support preparation of Run folder templates for all products according Customer requirements. Prepare and send Certificate of conformance for validation batches to Canners.
* Collect product data (per quarter, semester, per year, etc.) for all products/technologies according Customer/JM requirements, to analyse them using statistical techniques and submit them to regional Customer quality or technology departments.
* Analyse manufacturing and quality inspection data for quality problems and recommend corrective and preventive actions. Prepare waivers for detected quality discrepancies, to get their approval and to monitor their status.
* Monitor and optimise sample scrap rate as per JM / Customer requirement.
* Establish internal specification limits for critical parameters in coordination with other departments.
* Timely review of batch data and release of compliant product.
* Facilitate customer site audits, customer data trending and customer change implementation coordination
* Support the NPI Launch Coordinator to ensure the successful introduction of products from a Quality perspective.
* Increase the level of quality awareness within the plant.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
* Bachelor degree from technical faculty, or equivalent experience.
* Understanding of Quality standards.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders.
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to effectively problem solve.
* Ability to manage projects in a timely manner.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online:
Closing date for applications: 28th January 2021
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.