As a Content Delivery Network Engineer you will be joining the team responsible for the Content Delivery platform and ongoing provisioning and deployment of services that directly support our website.
You will also be responsible for providing forensic analysis to support production and route to live applications utilising a variety of specialist tools designed for network packet and application inspection.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technologies greatest challenges.
- Creating and deploying service configuration utilising our CDN infrastructure including, NetScaler, Varnish, HAProxy and DNS.
- Designing and reviewing of technical proposals in support of new product functionality.
- Identifying caching opportunities and performance optimisations in deployed products utilising the expansive forensics platform.
- Performing application and packet inspection utilising a range of enterprise and open source tooling.
- Assisting development and other infrastructure teams in designing efficient and secure product delivery solutions.
- Identifying opportunities for automation and working with Technical Leads to put these into place.
- Managing and administrating the global bet365 CDN assets and configuration.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line support to the 24/7 NOC for complex incidents and problems.
- Supporting Technical Leads in producing and delivering the strategic future for the platform.
- Providing on call and weekend cover on a rota basis.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Strong understanding of load balancing concepts and how to implement across a multi vendor deployment.
- Strong understanding of web application caching concepts and technologies, with a knowledge of how to implement across multiple technologies such as Citrix, NetScaler and Varnish.
- Troubleshooting HTTP, TCP applications in a large, enterprise network environment.
- Strong understanding of traditional network routing and switching concepts, as well as firewalls and security technologies.
- Experience in a technical support or operations environment.
- Good understanding of DNS functionality and concepts.
- Exposure to and administration of Linux operating systems and applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced with load balancing and wants to keep a focus on this area to support our Content Delivery platform.